NOD32 ver 2 updating problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lhughes, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lhughes

lhughes Registered Member

Hello,

Based upon reviews of the NOD32 s/w I recently purchased the software and installed it on my Win2K Pro system. I have used all the default options during the installation.

However, I am unable to get the software to update to the latest anti-virus definitions. When I try to update I get a "server connection failure" message.

When I contacted the Eset representative here in Australia he suggested I configure Zone Alarm to ensure it allows the software to update. I did this without any success. I then uninstalled Zone Alarm and tried again. Again no luck. I then uninstalled NOD32 and re-installed it. I am still unable to update it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi lhughes :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Here is a screenshot of mine.

Tell me if u have your server on "choose automatically"

Attached Files:

3. lhughes

Hello Snowbound,

Thank you for your prompt response. It is greatly appreciated.

Yes, the server is set to choose automatically.

4. snowbound

I thought u may have had it set to one of the other servers that are available.

Some people have posted with problems when selecting other servers in the list.

Could u try one of the other servers just to see if that solves your problem?

snowbound

5. lhughes

Hello again, Snowbound,

Since reading your last reply I've tried the other two servers listed but without success. I just don't understand why I'm having this problem given that I accepted the recommended default settings.

Thanks again for your time and help.

6. snowbound

Hopefully someone will post with a solution to this.

I wish i could help u further but i can't think of what else could be wrong. :doubt:

snowbound

7. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    Try to update manually, in others words, please try to press "Update now" and don't wait for NOD to automatically update. Do you try to disable ZA while you try to update?, when you try to update, pleae see the Za log and look if there are any nodkrn.exe file Internet access denied. Do you have in your NOD32 System log entries like gethostby...?
    Try to add the http://temp.eset.com/nod_upd server to you server list.

8. lhughes

Hello,

I added the web address given but to no avail. I then decided to play around with the settings. I went into Update Setup --> Advanced -->Proxy Server Setup and removed the tick saying "Use proxy server". This sorted the problem out and I was able to update (at long last!) the software.

I am deeply grateful to Snowbound and sir_carew for their time and effort in helping me out.

This begs another question: if I accepted the default settings and left the software to configure itself, why did it choose to use a proxy server when I don't have one?

A sincere thank you to Wilders.org for the opportunity to gain a bit of knowledge from the forum!

9. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Does your ISP require you to go through a proxy or anything? (or, if you have it enabled, try disabling it). Click the "Advanced" button in the Update settings dialog.

Best regards,
    Anders

10. lhughes

Hello Anders,

Thank you for asking. No, my ISP does not require me to go through a proxy, which is partly why I am confused.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.