NOD32 v3 + Comodo Firewall v3 = Problems.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JoeTheZombie, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeTheZombie

JoeTheZombie Registered Member

I don't know if this is a NOD32 problem, or a Comodo problem-- I posted over at Comodo as well. Anyway, here is the problem I am having with v3 of NOD32 (note that there was no issue with v2):

If I have HTTP checking enabled in NOD32, then applications that access the network are reported to Comodo as ekrn.exe, which is the NOD32 service. This makes it impossible to create specific application rules in Comodo, as all applications report as ekrn.exe.

The only thing I can think of is NOD32 must set up some type of proxy server below the visibility of Comodo, making all network enabled applications appear as ekrn.exe.

Of course, disabling HTTP checking completely cures the problem. Suggestions?

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Check this thread...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192305

Marcos' reply...

"It is a standard to use a proxy server for filtering email. It is much better than a scanner working on Winsock level like IMON did. This resulted in many problems, especially on servers.

If you don't want a particular program communicating via HTTP/POP3 to be routed via the local proxy, set web access protection to route only marked applications through the proxy and put a cross next to the applications that you want to bypass the proxy. Applications that do not communicate through HTTP/POP3 are not routed through the proxy whatsoever.
    "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.