NOD32 v2.7 slowed down my browsing speed :(

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by src2206, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. src2206

src2206 Registered Member

Hello

I have very recently started using NOD32 v2.7.
    I used this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509&page=1, to change the settings for NOD after usng NOD for few days. After changing the settings according to the mentioned guide, I find that my browsing experience has taken a toll. While browsing I find that NOD is showing a download progress bar for various files like with .php extensions. Please note that this happens evertime when I try to browse that is when normal data transfer is taking place as well as when I try actually download any file like a jpeg, exe, mp3 etc.

My connection is a Broadband connection with 2Mbps download speed. I follow strict regime of safe browsing and avoid any shdowy sites or questionable downloads. I have Comdo Personal Firewall always up and running along with Spybot S&D Teatimer, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster. I avoid using IE and I mostly use Firefox 2.0.0.3 along with Opera and Avant.

So I would like to change back to a setting where NOD will stop monitoring every bit of Data transfer, that is the setting which I originally had in the first few days of NOD32. Unfortunately I cannot figure out exactly which setting I should change back. I would appreciate if some one could plese help me.

Thank you.

2. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

Most likely the settings is under IMON on the http tab go to client compatibility and disable iexplore.exe if you use internet explorer or firefox.exe if you use firefox browser etc. Try disabling that first and see if it helps if not disable things in that list and you will most likely find the culprit.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Welcome to Wilders !

Yes , because it recommends setting programs to work in Higher efficenly mode .

Open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

4. src2206

Thank you very much WigglyTheGreat and HiTech_boy :)

I have changed the settings as you mentioned and it seems to be working better.

I have two more questions:

1. By changing this did I compromise my PC's security to a great extent?

2. I has been downloading a DVD ISO image of Linux using Azereus torrent client. Is there any setting in NOD32 which may be slowing down the download speed?

Please advise.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! ;)

Good news ! :thumb:

No , of course . I wouldn't say them if they would compromise your security. If it happens IMON to miss something , AMON will pop-up . Note that AMON is the most important protection in NOD32 , which scan all files on the hard drive on-access,on-create and on-execute

I can't think of such thing at the moment . If your Winsock is not corrupted and these are on Higher compatibility , then NO .

6. src2206

Thank you very much HiTech_Boy

Is there any way to ascertain whether my winsock is coruppted or not?

7. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

I am also using same setup, never face slow browsing speed.

Even I tried KIS but my laptop was slow down than I returned to NOD32 + Comodo :)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you loose your network connection at all or if the speed is so slow that it even lags . In your case it seems it is fine .

9. src2206

Thank you very much, :)

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.