NOD32 undocummented features? Help please

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ViralNote, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViralNote

ViralNote Registered Member

Does anyone know what is the maximum allowed size of the Quarantine folder on NOD32 BE? Is there a setting to change this or apply some limitation?

In a multi-user environment under a workgroup, is it possible for individual users to receive/view the alerts and notifications from NOD32?
    The default value now shown is Administrator. Can I change this to e.g. the name "everyone" (if that username exists on the user accounts of Windows)?

thanks

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello ViralNote,

There is no limit.

Yes. Let me know if you need assistance with this.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. ViralNote

ViralNote Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Rmuffler, though still kinda hazy in the details.

In regards to my first Q
    That seems a little odd. In a odd hypothetical scenario where I have a central server and all quarantines go through that, what happens if my HD reaches it's max capacity, due to massive amount of quarantined fileso_O
    Could i apply some sort of disk quota on that folder via Windows? or would that interfear with the operation of ESET and/or Windows itself?

In regards to the settings of the alerts & notifications, how can i set each client to have these notifications and alerts shown?? they are all part of a workgroup, and all have different usernames. Default from NOD32 is Administrator to my knowledge. Could i create somehow a default configuration file to send via ERAC and specifically also adjust that part to use on each PC a different username that is displayed that alerts&notifications?

Thank for your help Richard in advance :)

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

The quarantines are on each client. There is no setting to have them all go to a client server. Quarantines can be deleted or set to delete automatically.

There is no variable to set up individual users. If you leave it set as Administrator each client will receive notifactions and alerts.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.