NOD32 System tray icon disappearing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by joggy, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joggy

joggy Registered Member

Hi all - as the title suggests, randomly and usually after I have been working at my PC for a few hours straight out, NOD32 system tray icon will disappear. Checking Task Manager, 'nod32ui.exe' is no longer running, only 'nod32krn.exe'. Restating via NOD32 Control Center always restores it to sys tray and gets nod32ui up and running, but obviously this shouldn't be happening - something is shutting it down.

This is a newer install (past month) of latest non beta release (2.12.3) on a Windows XP Pro box.

Any ideas what is shutting this down? PC is clean (all updates via Windows updates,AV scans, Spybot scans, A2 scans, etc.).

tia

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I think is better to reinstall it ( a clean one). Delete the eset folder and reinstall.

3. lanCruiser

lanCruiser Registered Member

You could try the free 30 day full working demo of Process Guard by Diamond CS (makers of TDS-3 anti-trojan software). Make sure NOD-32 is on the protected from shutdown list and if any program tries to shut it down Process Guard will warn you and you'll be able to see what program tried to shut it down.
    Ed

4. joggy

joggy Registered Member

Thanks IanCruiser, might give that a shot if Stephanos G.'s suggestion doesn't do the trick. With the beta going final in 2 days, I'll probably just wait until then for reinstall.

5. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I would suggest that you password protect NOD so that whatever is shutting it down will require you to put in the password first. You may be able to track it backwards this way.

Neil

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you please boot into Safe Mode and run a Scan/Clean with Nod32 to be certain you are indeed Clean.

Cheers :D

7. joggy

joggy Registered Member

I will yes. I'll run that tonight and see what comes of the scan. I also have PG free running so we'll see if that catches the suspect program.

I'll give the password protection a shot if all esle fails. Thanks all...jog

8. joggy

joggy Registered Member

Just a followup fyi - scan in safe mode came up clean as well, so with PG I was able to narrow it down to a logoff program run when I signout of my work network (VPN from home).

I've set password on NOD32 and all is well. Thanks all for your help. Good to know it wasn't a prob with NOD afterall.

Thanks.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see Joggy, and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.