NOD32 says it's up to date but it's not!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by English Teacher, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. English Teacher

English Teacher Registered Member

Hi,

I have recently came back from a 2 week holiday (Lucky me!!) only to find that my NOD32 will not update or better it says that the virus database is up to date when it is obviously not!!!
    I had a different database Update before the re-install (I can't remember the number but it was from this date (20100701)

I have un-installed using the un-installer in safe mode, re-booted, used ccleaner and re-booted and downloaded a fresh copy of the installer and installed it

My version of NOD32 is 4.2.58.3 (Free Trial) with database Update 5227 (20100624) and even though I have run the updater several times it still says that no update is available. I can see that the latest database version is 5286, so nearly 60 updates ago!!

Is there any way I can download the updates manually and put them into the programs folder?
    Thanks in advance.

PS Yes, I have allowed an exception in the Windows Firewall and yes I did turn off MBAM and Superantispy.

I didn't have this problem before my holiday so is it just a temp prob?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. English Teacher

English Teacher Registered Member

Thanks Cudni for your reply but it wasn't needed. The NOD32 update started as soon as I went onto the internet. The update was completed successfully I'm now at Update 5287 (20100717) which is the latest.

I believe that this was just a glitch with the their update server because it said it was updated on two different NOD32 programs when it was clearly not.

Anyway this problem has been SOLVED!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.