NOD32 RSS Feed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HiltonT, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Hi All,

I have asked before if NOD32 would have a Javascript "update" engine like Sophos, Symantec and Trend all have - allowing us all to have updated virus information on our websites provided by NOD32 rather than inferior product suppliers.

Nothing has come of this yet, so I am asking again. I still have the Sophos feed on my website, but would REALLY prefer a NOD32-driven list than Sophos.

Also, as per the subject, is NOD32 going to be offering Malware/Hoax information as an RSS feed - Sophos also do this. Makes it nice for the newsfeed section of Evolution, or a website.

Regards,
    HiltonT
    http://www.QuarkAV.com
    http://www.PCTechSolutions.com.au

2. HiltonT

I know it is poor form replying to your own post, but it seems that either no-one else wants this functionality, or the NOD32 team can't be bothered offering it. I'd like to know which is the case.

Comments anyone?

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hilton,

I for one am happy to know Eset does focus on far more essential issues - the software itself - and might possibly look at window dressing for third parties later - no offense intended ;)

regards.

paul

4. HiltonT

I, too, am glad they focus on core issues - hence why they are BY FAR the premiere AV solution for standard Windows/Linux/BSD machines.

This is something that would take their web guy about an hour, so it is nothing that would be ultimately taxing to Eset's endeavours to remain ahead of the competition.

One thing I would like to see is a version of NOD32 that works on Terminal Server. That is something that is sorely missing in NOD32 today.

Regards,
    HiltonT
    (http://www.QuarkAV.com/)

5. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Do you have any particular problems with NOD32 in a TS environment? There should be no problems.

Best regards,
    Anders

6. asdf69

asdf69 Guest

on windows 2000 server if nod32 v2 is installed the ESENT Database engine stops working and after a while (approx 2 weeks) terminal server licensing server stops issuing new licenses, because it can't access it's license databse...uninstalling nod32 v2 fixes the problem...we had to go back to using nod32 v1...the other problme we have found was with windos 2003 server running SQL server 2000..nod32 V2 blocks port 1433 for some bizarre reason...once again the only solution was to go back to nod32 v1...and as usuall no soluton was offered...not to mention no exchange server 2003 support...we had to sell symantec solutions for our clients running exchange server 2003 (not something we like doing as nod is much bettter at detecting viruses...BUT untill nod32 v2 supports industry standard M$ products, it has to be concluded that ESET isn't serious about the corprate market) :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.