Nod32 Reporting ScrInject virus, but it's not documented?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by captnbli, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captnbli

captnbli Registered Member

Hi,

I got an infection notification with "HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen" virus infection, yet I can't find anything about it on the eset site. An I looking in the wrong place? There seems to be some chatter on the net about it, yet nothing from eset, which I find strange. If you're going to report a virus infection, surely details abount it should be esay to find?

Cheers,
    The Captn :(

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello and welcome to Wilders!

It doesn't sound like you got infected. But it does sound like the AV caught a threat and notified you about it. Did you put the threat into the Quarantine?

Regarding the threat database and info about them.
    It is just impossible to have info about every singel threat, since some are detected with Signatures, Generic sigs , and some with Heuristics etc..

3. captnbli

Thanks!

The threats are listed in the Quantine table in the Tools menu. So, they're quarantined, right? I don't have to export them to file with the Quarantine... button, do I?

As to the threat database, at some stage you need to name the threat (which is what you display to the user), right? Wny not document what the threat is about at that time?

As a user, I find it scary that I get reports about threats I can know nothing about. That's not a good or comfortable place to be.

Cheers,
    The Captn

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes they can do no harm now, leave them in the Quarantine :thumb:

I know what you mean, but the "naming" process is not how you think it is ;)
    Since in (I belive 99% of the cases) the "naming" process is totally automatic made by computers, and not by a human person.

If we would only have physical persons naming and adding threats, then we would get infected rather quick i'm afraid. The automatic process is essential to keep up with the new born threats every day.

I understand how you feel, but this is how it works for every vendor these days.
    And as I said there are just too many threats to be able to have information about all of them.

Cheers!

P.S If I am wrong about that the naming process is 99% automatic then please correct me :)

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  5. captnbli

Well, thanks for your help.

The Captn

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You are most welcome :thumb:

But don't forget that it did what it is suppose to do, protect YOU. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.