NOD32 remote install package problems

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by numbskull, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numbskull

numbskull Registered Member

I recently installed NOD32 remote admin, edited the living heck out of the default install package, saved as a new package. After pushing the install out to the workstations, all desired settings were fine except in the NOD32 module and the update module. Has anyone seen this? I am sure that I have missed something. I can't see such a superior product having this kind of problem. The thing that twists me up is that I went through this process "by the numbers". Admittedly this was my first go at it, but this was the only snag in a long setup.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Have not run across it...done a lot of Ent Edi installs.

Granted the setup and management of NOD32s Enterprise Edition package is not as documents, or intuitive, as some others like Symantecs Corp Edition..it took me several installs until I started feeling smooth about it.

BTW, Eset has some nice goodies coming for us in this area....as far as training. ;) I was going to create a nice install guide...but learned of this not long ago...so not worth doing.

Anyways....what I do now...is create my configs. Usually one for servers, one for workstations, and one for laptops. After making those configs...I then create install packages...and import those configs into them. I then push out the installs.

If any issues arise, double check your configs...edit as necessary..and push out again. If they now appear correct..update your install packages with that improvised config.

What specific issues BTW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.