NOD32 Remote Administrator oddity

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shade91, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shade91

shade91 Registered Member

My company renewed their license with Eset/NOD32 and surprisingly Remote Administrator/Enterprise Edition is what we renewed to.

Now.. I tried the Remote Administrator server but came upon a problem. I installed the remote administrator server then updated the configuration file that propogates to all the PCs from the mirror server to point to the new remote administrator server. About 1 hour after this configuration change goes out the bandwidth usage on our T1s between locations (we have 3 PPP T1s between 3 of our other locations) simply went through the roof. It was insane. The harddrive on the poor server was accessing like crazy and ground to a halt. I pulled the CAT5 from the server and shut down the RA service. From there I sent out a new config taking out the remote admin server. What gives? What caused this major bandwidth spike? Something being transfered to the RA server?

2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Did you setup a new RA server? If so all, the only thing I can think of is that all the workstations are going to send thier information that the server doesn't have. IE log fiiles.

3. shade91

That might have been it. Yes it is a new RA server.

100 workstations * 5MB log files * 30 days of logs = 15GB of data.. yeah.. sounds like that was it. I think I need to trim this down to 7 days of log files or just shorten down the log file sizes.

Thanks.

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

If you have list all files on in the NOD32 Scanner in the .xml file set to yes this will make the log files very large indeed.

We have approximately 2000 workstations hitting our RA server. That was our issue. Not how many days, but what information was being held.

5. shade91

Ah.. that would do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.