NOD32 ready for Vista OS?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fce, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

I try KIS and now i'm using KAV7. I test KIS for leak test and it almost fail with "basic" leak testing so I shift to KAV7 only without the firewall, but i'm concern that KAV7 is also not 100% in protectiong Vista operating sytem.

so my question is if NOD32 also waiting for Vista SP1 so that it will perform 100% virus protection for Vista operating system.

Also how many MB NOD32 using in RAM (Average)?

I might shift from KAV to NOD32.

below is quote from don of Kaspersky.

"It's as ready as Microsoft allows it to be, it's simply not possible to implement all the PDM options right now because MS does now allow it................it may change with Vista SP1."

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

NOD32 works in Vista; both 32-bit and 64-bit iirc.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

i know.

but is it 100% ready or need vista SP1 same as KAspersky?

4. WSFuser

What do you mean 100% ready? All of its features work afaik.

5. fce

fce Registered Member

read my first post.

thanks.

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

No AV provides 100% protection. NOD provides 100% of it's capabilities, nothing is disabled to work in/with Vista, at least to my knowledge.

7. WSFuser

NOD32 does not have anything like Kaspersky's PDM.

8. fce

fce Registered Member

this i want to confirm with NOD32.

no body told me that KAV7 PDM is not 100% working with vista OS....so now i want to verify this incase i'll shift to NOD32

9. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi fce
    What the other posters said is true.
    NOD32 DOES work with VISTA, however, I would suggest that you read this thread first.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=164780&highlight=anti stealth

Just to make it clear, I use NOD32 on my VISTA PC and it works, with that one (repeat one) exception, and I do not consider it a big deal because with a full scan the AS technology does work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

10. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

I use NOD32 with Vista 64-bit. But if asking about 'Vista Certification' from Microsoft I do think that certification has been awarded yet. :cool:

11. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Correction:

I do NOT think that certification has been awarded yet .:D

12. fce

fce Registered Member

i dont know if its major issue of NOD32 compare to Kasperskys' PDM not ready for Vista OS.

any comment guys.

13. fredra

fredra Registered Member

NOD32 is not "waiting" for Vista SP2, it's functionality and performance is the same as in XP.

I think the other posters also answered your original question.

As far as KAS/PDM, I have never and will never use KAS (for my own reasons) so I am not in a position to comment on your most recent query of
    I will leave that to the more knowledgeable posters who have a detailed insight with KAS.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nod32 wont be able to block the leaktest since it has nothing like PDM in it.
    so you will get more protection in vista with kaspersky even without the full PDM.
    all the componants other than PDM work 100percent in windows vista.
    so file av,mailav,webav,firewall,privacy control,antispam all work 100percent in vista.
    and the normal scanning.
    nod32 doesnt have a firewall and wont be able to block the leaktests in eiether vista or xp.
    where as kaspersky can block the leaktests in xp and will be able to in vista when SP1 comes out.
    lodore

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Nod doesnt stand a chance against Kaspersky. Now or later. ;)

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

nod works 100% with vista :thumb:

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

want to place a wager on that my friend. Get it to scroll when scanning.

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well i dont know if it does that or not, as i dont use it.

but why would you want it to scroll while scanning, sounds more like a feature to me instead of a problem. :rolleyes:

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

doesnt matter my friend, I made my bed and now it is time to lie down.;)

20. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's get back on topic here. The subject is "NOD32 ready for Vista OS?"

Posts that take threads off topic are subject to being removed without warning.

21. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

fce, you have completely missed my point. Both Kaspersky and Nod will run just fine on Vista, i was only talking about the proactive defense which is something extra in 6.0/7.0 (& which you was asking about) and since Vista won't allow the same access to the kernel in Vista as in XP, you simply won't have the same PDM features as in XP.....MS might (probably will) open that access up a bit in SP1, this was what i was refering to.

22. fce

fce Registered Member

don, i didn't missed your point. I'm a vista user and its more powerful OS compare to XP (maybe couple of months more when bugs already clear)...and you said it clear in your post that you're not sure if Vista SP1 will improve Kasp PDM performance which only means that KIS/KAV PDM is not vista ready.

@ladore, i'm not sayin that NOD32 will passed the leaktest because NOD is only AV and not firewall. Anyway I used KIS7 with my Vista and it failed most basic leaktest thats why i shift to KAV7, but it alarm me regarding Kasp PDM (less or nothing at all) performance in Vista OS.

my laptop will arrive mid of Sept, i have one month to choose between KAV & NOD32. :)

23. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

KIS firewall is amongst the best when it comes to leaktests so if it fails a "basic leaktest" you didn't configure it properly, thats all

NOD32 is ready for vista, although last time i tried it anti-stealth was in limited mode (with UAC on) for some reason. Maybe that has changed.

24. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, it is.......................it is exactly as ready as MS allows Kaspersky to make it, hopefully they will allow more access to vendors with SP1, but who knows what MS will do in SP1? You said in your first post: "but i'm concern that KAV7 is also not 100% in protectiong Vista operating sytem."........................it is 100% Vista ready, you are concerned with the PDM which again no other AV has

Choose what you like best, don't get caught in those leaktests. Both Kaspersky are good choices..........Besides if Vista is really as powerfull as you say.........................then why the fuss? ;) :)

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Don has it. I didnt buy the suite for the PDM but the AV and antispam.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.