NOD32 preventing viewing of pdf files in IE7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jongie, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jongie

jongie Registered Member

If I try to read a pdf file by left clicking on its link in IE7, it downloads so far (about 200K) and then stops. If I right click and "save target as" it downloads fine. If I disable NOD32, I can then read the entire document in IE7 by left clicking. AFAIR, it didn't happen with v 2.7.

Does anyone know why this annoying behaviour happens, and how to fix it?

(OS is WinXP Pro).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you set your browser to work in active mode? Adobe Reader doesn't like if a whole file is downloaded first by a 3rd party application.

3. jongie

jongie Registered Member

Thanks. But if that were the case, should it make a difference if NOD32 is disabled? Because it does - it reads the whole file OK if NOD32 is disabled. Meanwhile I'll do two experiments:

Try my wife's PC still running NOD32 v 2.7 (and IE7)

and

See if affects large files other than pdf's (Word for example). I'll get back when I've done it.

John

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

This most likely have to do with active mode like Marcos already said and been discussed before. You could take a look at this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=196035

The first thing you should do is the check if your browser is set to active mode in nod32. If yes then set the browser to passive mode.

Gan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.