Nod32 or "microsoft safety center" problem?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Adriano, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adriano

Adriano Guest

1° day:

Hi, I have Win XP with SP2 and NOD32 . I have just installed the new version of Nod32.
    Now in "safety center PC" in "Protection viruses" I see "not up to date".
    I see also the ired con on Toolbar on the on right on the bottom (there is a problem).
    My Nod32 is up to date. I am sure!
    Why have I that problem?

2° day:

I have the latest version: 2.12.3 and yesterday I made the first update virus definition manually.
    Yesterday I have gone to "Event Log" (about update) I saw many writings in Event: Error connecting to server u5, u3, u4, u6 etc.
    Function: Gethostbyname, parameters return value 11004.
    However if I make a manually update it is ok, in fatc today I have just done it and at the end I have seen: The virus signature database has been updated succesfuly to version 1.965.
    I have been to "Event Log" again, and now I see a successfully update to version 1.965. Therefore everything ok, but always I see that red icon on the Toolbar and inform me that my NOD32 is down to date.
    why have I this problem?
    write to my email, please: ashuat at NOSPAMinterfree dot it

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello Adriano,

As far as the red icon. If it's the NOD32 icon in the system tray, AMON most likely wasn't set to start up automatically.

Please try this. Go NOD32 Control Center(the red icon) > AMON. In that window, is there a Start button you can click?. If there is, please do so. Now go Setup > Security. In that window, please make sure "Enable automatic startup of AMON" is checked. And "Allow manual stopping" is not checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.