NOD32 online scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sweetie(*)(*), Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

HI, does anyone know if there are any plans to add an online scan function for NOD32.
    I think it would be a good way of winning new users, as I have personally seen a few other so called top rated av's online scans fail miserably compared to NOD32, especially with Trojans.

Through recent experience I believe that NOD32's Trojan scanning ability is now excellent, IMO as good as the latest TDS3

2. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

You should post this in alt.comp.virus and alt.comp.anti-virus. Then stick around to watch the fireworks. :D

The NOD supporters and NOD haters (KAV fanatics) love to do battle there.

3. MNKid

MNKid Guest

Through recent experience I believe that NOD32's Trojan scanning ability is now excellent, IMO as good as the latest TDS3[/QUOTE]

Huh?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see :D

I am a Nod32 Reseller, and love the product, however, you really are asking for a bite here ;)

TDS3 is still a world leader, if not the world leader in Trojan Detection and Removal, Nod32 really can not be compared to it at this stage in the game… ;) :D

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Cheers :D

5. Proud User

Proud User Registered Member

To me (my very personal point of view), NOD32 is a PREVENTIVE AV, not a "clean all the mess" AV, that means, NOD32 is the best you can find out there regarding virus detection (the gold reason for any AV to exist anyways), it's a fortress, but if your system is already infected, you stand very lil chances if any at all to erase the baddies and restore the damage. Most of further infections are out of the NOD32's range, but once again, if you keep your NOD32 up to date, you will never have to worry about viruses again.

6. Blackspear

I have to disagree to a degree ;) My companies do this for a living, it would be over 50% of all business coming through the doors. Nod32 can quite easily be loaded onto an infected machine and cleaned (most of the time), though sometimes a reboot into Safe Mode is required, and other times it requires “Slaving” from a clean virus free machine, there are also other various methods available…

Though prevention is always better than cure ;)

7. Proud User

Proud User Registered Member

That's right too, slaving NOD32 can't go wrong so there's virtually nothing NOD32 can't get rif of :)

But installing NOD32 on an already infected OS isn't often a reliable solution (hasn't been for me during my tests), anyhow, there's thousands of viruses out there, specially some die hard cryptic polymorphic nasties and noone knows for sure what will be the next step...more voltage viruses? :eek:

8. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

the question was about NOD32 online scan?

as in the same thing as Symantec,Panda,TrendMicro etc

any plans?

Recent experience; cleaned up two systems in last month littered with Trojans.

Nod32 was only used in the clean up, the AV software that was currently being used was not able to resolve the situation.

Of the 11 Trojans found on the second pc Nod cleaned 10, 1 was in memory and had to be manually removed.

TDS-3 was used as a back up, to make sure that Nod hadn't missed anything.

Nod32 proved itself excellently not missing any Trojans.

9. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Still a good question, in my view.

However, once you raised the question of NOD32 being as good as TDS3 it was bound to be lost in the ensuing exchanges. I use BOClean, not TDS3, and would not dream of relying solely on NOD32, or any other a-v programme, to deal with Trojans. This is not to belittle NOD32, nor am I suggesting BOClean is superior to TDS3 (although I think some of those unfamiliar with how BOClean works, might need to rexamine their assumption of TDS3's unquestioned superiority as an anti-Trojan http://wilders.org/anti_trojans.htm)
    But I would not feel secure in relying exclusively on one programme, no matter how well it performed in tests and the like, and irrespective of testimonials. In a decade on the net, I have been free of any infection and I would like the next decade to be the same, so I use NOD32 as well as BOClean [and I don't look down on those who use TDS3 :)]

10. Blackspear

Good to see Sweetie, we only use Nod32 to clean systems as well...

As to a online scan, I think that would be a great idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.