NOD32 Install failed - exit code -1073741819

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tucker8235, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucker8235

tucker8235 Registered Member

Hey,
    I am trying to push NOD32 to a XP computer in our domain. I get this error from the NOD32 Server - Failure during NOD32 install - exit code -1073741819. I haved checked to make sure the firewall is off, etc. The machine seems pretty clean. I also get an error on the computer itself. See Picture. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I'm just going to take a guess here, but maybe something to do with your "Environment Variables"? Check System Properties in Control Panel (in System Properties, go to "Advanced"). Have you set your Temp folder etc.?

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Or perhaps clean out your TEMP folders (C:\Windows\Temp and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp)? There could be a leftover from some other installation that is interfering with this one.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The screenshots were created after you tried to run setup.exe manually?

5. tucker8235

I looked at the environment variables but didn't see anything weird. TMP and Temp were set the same as mine?

I did clean out the temp folders but to no avail.

The screenshots are what pops up on the machine that I am trying to push to.

This is the second machine to do this. The first computer had a fair amount of crap programs like aol, viewpoint media, 50 browser bars etc. so I didn't think so much of it. I was able to install a standalone copy of nod on the first computer.

Thanks for the ideas guys, any other ideas?
    Andy

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What is the operating system of the computer that you are trying to push to? Does it use a domain-style login, or a local-style login? (probably domain, from your description...)

In the Remote Administrator Console, when you push the installation to the remote computer, are you giving it a username/password that has administrator privileges on the remote computer?

On the client computer, have you disabled "Simple File Sharing"? Go to Control Panel --> Folder Options --> View to disable it.

The purpose of Simple File Sharing is to have WinXP mimic the old file sharing behavior of Win98 to a certain extent (shares within your profile will remain private, but shares outside the profile will be usable to the entire workgroup). It does this by mapping all external users to have Guest privileges, though, and this could be interfering with the setup.exe. Disabling Simple File Sharing will force Windows to strictly enforce user privileges (so that only authenticated users may access shares), but it will allow the setup.exe to run as an Administrator instead of being remapped to Guest.

7. tucker8235

I will have to check about the simple file sharing but the computer is running XP Pro and joined to a AD Domain. I also see that my pc has simple file sharing on but I didn't have any problems??

I am giving a username/password that has domain admin rights. I also tried putting in the local rights of the computer. I think the install is starting and then failing for some reason since I get an actual error popping up on the client machine saying the install encountered an error.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It seems to be an internal error occuring during installation. You should run setup.exe with the /test parameter manually, and send the outcome log nsetup.log with a link to this thread to support @ eset.com for analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.