NOD32 has been a nightmare

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Farid Ashabi, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farid Ashabi

Farid Ashabi Registered Member

Hi all,

This is my first post of this web site so please let me know if I'm posting it correct thread or not.

I have about 16 users and I decided to flip to NOD32 from Symantec.....I seen that NOD32 was coming out with Small Business Edition so I waited.....in the mean time I purchased a single license to test in on my system.....everything was great, I had no issue and NOD32 seen to run faster then other anti virus......finally I asked my boss to purchase 15 more license couple week ago, and ever since then I had nothing but headache by installing the NOD32 anti virus.

Originally I have version 2.7 install on my system but the SBE is version 3.0.566.0....and here are the rest of spec:

Virus signature database: 2738 (20071220)
    Update module: 1019 (20071030)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1101 (20071217)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1068 (20071119)
    Archive support module: 1066 (20071212)
    Cleaner module: 1024 (20071217)

Problems: almost all of the 15 PCs with new anti virus, lock up and give all kinds of memory error and kernel error.......I'm sick of it.

Yesterday I found a new bug with the software. Client running Windows XP, Pro SP2, Outlook 2003 (11.6568.566:cool: SP2, if this client does a search for a email and finds it....she can't open it up, it gives permission error....yet it she manually finds the email, Outlook has no issue opening it....to test it, I removed the NOD32 Emon from the Outlook's "Add-in Manager" and everything works find...as soon as you enable the Emon Add-In Manager the same problem happens.

I'm almost at the point of changing everyone over to Symantec (as much as I hate doing it)......it there any one out there who could help me out.

Thank you in Advance

2. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

You can use 2.7. 3.0 has tons of bugs.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:D ROTFLMAO :D

4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I would laugh to if it wasnt completely true. :cool:

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

"completely" and "tons" are generally considered strong words . I am aware of the small bugs v3 has but most of the things discussed here never have I met in real world - and I have upgraded lots of clients with different setups

6. spm

spm Registered Member

Sadly, I have to agree on the (poor) quality of EAV 3.0. Despite having been an enthusiastic supporter of NOD32 (v2.x) - and a reseller - for some years now, the new version 3.0 products have proven to be nothing but trouble here. We have advised all of our business (and residential) customers to stay with v2.7, and to stay with the v1.5 Remote Administrator (the v2 RA has too many problems, too).

I hope I'm wrong, but v3 seems to have some fundamental flaws that won't be fixed anytime soon. I have reported some of these issues to Eset UK, but all I get back is "it works here".

Sure, many people are running v3 without problem, and that's great, but I have yet to find a business network that v3 can be rolled out to successfully. v2.7, on the other hand, has worked flawlessly for every customer we have installed it for, and I hope it doesn't take much longer for v3 to become a viable product, otherwise we're off to A/V pastures new.

7. Farid Ashabi

thanks for replys gentelmen :)

HiTech_boy, since you have lots of experience with 3.x.....have seen the lockup and email error or out of memory issue at all ? one of the other common error is "nod32 error R6025" , did you find any solution for that.

Cheers

8. poutine

You should try running it with Outlook Express !! its Unusable with O.E unless you turn off integration. I wouldnt deem those particularly small bugs, when it crashes O.E, blocks sending of reciepts and wipes the sent items account details !! And it does this on 6 different PC's all with different setups.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But it is not true here . I am not lying . I have tried it during the beta and some days ago , it works pretty good . It works good for my clients , too . Including earlier today I installed EA and ESS Business in a small company , they use mixed OE and Office Outlook in XP Pro and Home , no problems at all . No problem with another client 5 days ago who uses OE in extreme , receiving lots of messages . He is pretty happy and is about to purchase . No OE problems at all.

If it is something specific (I remeber threads here) ESET will fix it with the new build , I am sure they won't leave you with problems.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1143656&postcount=10

A client complained about similar issue , had a discussion with a Support person and the problem was solved . If you have issues , Help-> Contact Customer Care

10. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

So what was the solution for your client?.... or is it topsecret.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Long story , it turned out the Windows installation of this client was corrupted . He reinstalled Windows and the problem is now gone

12. poutine

The Beta also works fine here, Final version ...big no no... You must work magic because eset themselves admitted that there is a problem with the reciepts being blocked by Version 3. And also with the sent item account details being wiped. How did you manage to fix this yourself if eset havent managed to yet ? Amazing !!

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Easy , I just installed the program (EA or ESS)

14. poutine

Oh well youd better upload your Magic copy for all of us then and send it to eset to. :D

15. Farid Ashabi

Do you guys think that ESET will give us 15 license for version 2.7 rather this bug infested version 3.x??........

HiTech_boy...reinstalling Windowso_O that's nuts......I feel sorry for that client :(

I have sent ESET email and haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers

16. poutine

It is nuts and anyway dont bother, i tried it on a fresh install and it wouldnt work well either. ;)

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am getting out of the thread . Wish you luck to all with your issues . Just a reminder that complaing over and over again for the same thing won't help at all ;) :thumb:

18. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Instead of slamming NOD32 why dont you just call Eset.

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Must have gotten one of those "majic" copies because no O.E. problems with integration turned on exists here.

and posting in numerous threads, more than an adequate amount of times, borders on trolling, pure and simple :cautious:

20. spm

spm Registered Member

Your licence is good for v2.7 as is.

21. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

That's easy......pulling out! Could you let us know if OE integration etc. was turned off? Was tagging turned off? I have everything turned off in Windows Mail and everything is ok, but as oon as I start enabling tagging and inegrating Windows Mail, the party starts all over again (still). If you install everything disabled, I can believe there are no problems, but it's not fair stating that there are no problems and even suggesting to re-install Windows and then saying you're out.
    I have disabled everything and EAV is scanning all email and therefore I keep using it at the moment and wait for the 'big fix'. But the bugs are still there.....and there are enough users having problems with the bugs and I don't think they would all have to re-install Windows. I know when it is needed to re-install Windows, but not in this case......you can believe me.
    Eeverything else is running without any problem!

22. poutine

ESET admit to me in emails that the bugs exist in NOD Version 3 with Outlook Express, if i have to i can copy paste them here if you dont believe me. I am in contact with Support UK often enough and have email going back a month admitting the faults. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  23. spm

spm Registered Member

No, you cannot paste emails here, and for good reasons. And emails 'going back months' are completely irrelevant, anyway. EAV/ESS build 566 is the current build, and it hasn't been out for months. Comments relating to previous versions are therefore of no use whatsoever.

In any case, despite your claims, my experience with UK support is that they are often less than forthcoming, so claims of yours that they have 'admitted bugs' are less than impressive.

I have encountered problems with the v3 products and I have reported many of them to Eset support (admittedly without the kind of response I would expect), but this spamming and trolling that you seem hell bent on serves no purpose except to alienate you and your views.

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I feel you know the TOS policy concerning posting of e-mails, if not I can only suggest a re-read of our site TOS.

As far as anyone believing you, I for one have no problem accepting the fact there are issues for some users and in the same breath accept the fact some users are having no problems.

25. Dave Garratt

Dave Garratt Registered Member

I have 6 PC using NOD32, all initially started with version 2.7 for which I was very satisfied with. I have also successfully upgraded all of them to version 3.0. Only one of these machines (unfortunately mine) has had any problems with version 3. I have moved back to 2.7 a number of times and have proved (as best I can) that the problem does seem to be linked to version 3. My machine is a well specified Inspiron D9400 with 2GB of Ram running XP Pro. For some reason the problem I have running version 3 on this machine is intermittent, but always presents the same symptoms. After logon my desktop is displayed with all the icons on the desk. However it sometimes appears to lock up partially at this stage before the NOD32 Splash screen and tray icon have appeared. I can move the mouse arround but not click on the start menu or icons. No keyboard works including ctrl+alt+delete. Occasionally if I'm prepared to wait a few minutes the NOD32 splash screen does appear and then everything starts to work fine. Failing that it's a power off which I hate to do. I been though all the clean uninstall and reboot scenario before reinstallling v3 but it does not seem to help. I crossed my mind that maybe NOD32 was trying to do something with my network connection before my wireless adapter had established a connection on my network, but that's just a guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.