NOD32 + F-prot Compatibility, Yes or No

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marcromero, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I'm a new NOD32 user, prior to that an F-prot user, seeing how I have 10 months left on my current F-prot license and it can be installed as a on demand scanner only, would it conflict in anyway with NOD? Thought about installing it as a secondary scanner, F-prot does have an extensive signature base, but I do not want to cause myself any problems with NOD, that's my baby... please, your expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: NOD32 + Fprot Compatibility, Yes or No

I also like F-prot but since I know myself I have never seen a malware detected by F-prot and not detected by NOD32 so if you decide to use NOD32 , there will be no need of another scanner at all .

F-prot can be installed specifically . Use Custom install and uncheck Real-time scanner and scheduler and leave only on-demand scanner + F-prot's updater . That way , no comflicts :D

3. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Using NOD is a given, just hate to waste the remainder of my F-prot license.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am sorry , I can't understand that

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

me either - that's like purchasing an upgraded microwave and trying to find a way to leave the other in place because it's still working... one working anti-virus is enough for me, and I handle thousands of threats per week, sometimes per day during major email borne outbreaks.

hth

Greg

ps - I run a couple of other anti-spyware systems, but nothing has got past NOD32 yet...

6. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Please don't misunderstand me, NOD is my choice, period. F-prot is not installed on my machine.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem , I understand that but I just couldn't understand those sentence

just hate to waste the remainder of my F-prot license

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Give it to someone ;) :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You should have no trouble using NOD32 as your primary protection method and using FRISK Software's F-Prot for periodic on-demand scans.

You may wish to disable AMON when performing an on-demand scan with F-Prot if you encounter any performance issues with NOD32, but that is the only potential concern I can immediately think of--others who are more familiar with F-Prot may be able to suggest steps to take to ameliorate any performance issues or incompatibilities.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Thanks for your insight Aryeh, I'm really liking NOD. It's awesome.

11. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

Why don't you give the license to someone else? Since it's licensed per machine removing it from your and donating it to someone in need probably doesnt violate EULA - although I cannot be sure. It would be a lot easier to digest if you knew you were helping out someone else ;-)

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Great idea . Moreover , FRISK allows one licence to be used on 5 machines so 5 people will be glad with F-prot and 1 will be glad with NOD32 :D

13. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

One customer can have it on 5 own machines, but not 5 different customers on one machine. That you understand what i mean: You can have with one woman a baby in 9 months, but you can't with 9 womans in one month...

14. Blackspear

I don't think your logic is correct on this one :blink: ;) :D

:D :D :D

Edit: Never mind, your twist on words had my brain scrambled :blink: o_O :gack: :D

15. pykko

pykko Registered Member

o_O o_O :blink:
    That left me useless. :D
    I'll ask my anatomy teacher about this issue.... :p :D :D

16. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

I'll take it :D (no seriously I will)

Alphalutra1

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is simple . I guess he means I can't have a whole baby made by 9 different women (+me) each of which was bringing it a month only . I guess I made it even more difficult to be understood :D :D :D

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ок , това беше само предложение ;)
    Ok , that was just a suggestion

19. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You need to get more sleep.o_O :p

20. alglove

alglove Registered Member

That's OK. Giving horse tours of Iceland to thousands of tourists must get very tiring. o_O

21. Blackspear

ROFLMAO :D

:D :D :D

22. verktyg

verktyg Registered Member

I've used NOD32 over 2 years. Before that I was running F-prot. I still run it as a backup on several of my PCs.

Yes NOD32 is a much better AV product but I've always kept several on demand scanners installed for occasional manual scans, especially after I've run into some malware.

I've seen instances where one product doesn't detect a new (or old) threat and another finds the problem or helps to rule out a false positive.

I've tried or used over 20 different AV products during the past 12 years. I used Dr Solomons from 1995 until it's demise at the end of 1999. NOD32 is the only AV program that I've tried that's better than Dr Solomons.

Chas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.