NOD32 does not scan downloaded files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by aleblanc, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aleblanc

aleblanc Registered Member

Hello,

I am new to NOD32, very happy so far, except for one problem : I have just found out that a file downloaded from the internet had not been scanned, or the scan missed the infection, while when I scanned it "manually" (right click / NOD32) NOD32 said it was infected.

I have AMON and IMON enabled (which one is conerned here ? IMON ?), and to my knowledge no expcetions are applied.

What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks
    Antoine

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you download it via HTTP? If so, did you download it using a browser? Was the browser set to higher efficiency mode?

3. aleblanc

Actually no, it was via a peer to peer newtork. emule, to be precise.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Emule does not communicate via HTTP so apparently IMON could not scan it. The point is the file was scanned by AMON. If it was an archive, it would be scanned upon extraction or on-demand scan.

5. aleblanc

It was an archive file, so I would have been safe. But what if the file had been an .exe, or a macro ? I am quite surprised NOD32 does not scan ALL incoming traffic.

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Then quite obviously AMON would have checked the file upon creation according to how you have it configured.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.