NOD32 does it again! Thanks

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by davidburchell, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidburchell

davidburchell Registered Member

Folks,

This evening (Australian time) my daughter received an instant message purporting to be from a friend. It had a link purporting to lead to a photo (yes, I know - but my daughter's 14).

NOD32 swung into action. IMON blocked my daughter's attempt to click on the link. And AMON detected and quarantined two files containing the Trojan Win32/MSNMaker.naa, which it ofund in her Windows user account settings and in her Firefox profile.

Because none of my daughters' friends' anti-virus programs had detected the Trojan, I Googled for it. No result - not a single reference.

I went to Eset's support site and found the Trojan in the definitions update which we received at about 11am our time today (fourth item):

NOD32 - v.1.1820 (20061020)
    Virus signature database updates:
    HTML/Phishing.gen, Win32/KillAV.NBE, Win32/KillAV.NBG, Win32/MSNMaker.NAA, Win32/PSW.Delf.NDI (3), Win32/PSW.Lineage.DN, Win32/Quatim.I, Win32/Spy.Banker.BUM (2), Win32/Stration (11), Win32/Stration.KG (26), Win32/Stration.KQ (6), Win32/Stration.KR (4), Win32/Stration.KS, Win32/Stration.KT (3), Win32/TrojanDownloader.Adload.NCD, Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.AKB (3), Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.AKL, Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.AKV (2), Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.ANY (2), Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.NHN (2), Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.XY (2), Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob (6), Win32/TrojanDropper.PurityScan.AH (2), Win32/TrojanDropper.Small.AFY, Win32/VB.NFL (5), Win32/Viking.BM, Win32/Viking.BP, Win32/Viking.BQ (2), Win32/Viking.BR (4)

If NOD32 only updated every few days - as my previous AV software did - we'd have been history.

Thanks, Eset!

David

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd merely add that it had been detected before by ThreatSense as a variant of MSNMaker without the need to update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.