NOD32 Business Licensing Query

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hutchingsp, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

Potentially interested in NOD32 business antivirus to protect some servers.

Can anyone clarify (copy of the EULA would be great) how many licenses I need if I have X servers but Y workstations?

Some Antivirus vendors treat a single server as a single license, some vendors treat it as "You have Y clients accessing your single server so you need Y licenses".

We already have a solid desktop solution so I'm only looking for a cost effective way to put something on our servers - can't justify buying a few hundred seats to cover a couple dozen physical servers.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

YOu would need 1 license per server. If you also need mailbox protection, that is an additional license you would purchase per mailbox.

If you are only needing protection for file servers, NOD32 Business Edition treats them the same as workstations, as far as protecton goes.

So, you would only need to buy enough licenses to cover the number of servers you have. Business Editions licenses start with a 5-client minimum.

There are several bundles you can purchase to save some money too, but if you are needing an odd number or a larger quantity, you would need to get a custom quote.

HTH

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you need a couple dozen licenses for a couple dozen servers - unless you want MS Exchange mailbox protection - which is handled PER MAILBOX.

As you have the workstations handled, it sounds like you need one license PER SERVER, as indicated above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.