NOD32 and WinRAR v3.42 (extracting errors)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by N1G0W, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaosBlizzard

ChaosBlizzard Registered Member

I assure you, I have nothing else pertaining to security running in my process list. If something is "shut off" it isn't running in resident memory. Therefore it couldn't be affecting NOD32.

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi ChaosBlizzard:

If you are not running a security app, then we believe you. ;)

The second part is a utility application (not security). To find the culprit, shutting down any resident utilities (some may reference as an application where applicable) will at least attempt to find a resolution.

Without having a (i.e.) Belarc log, one can only guess as to what could be the root cause on the affected systems. What one may rule out on a system (i.e. should have nothing to do with it -video utility) could very well be the cause as others have found.

3. ChaosBlizzard

ChaosBlizzard Registered Member

No I would know if a "Utility" was residing in my system memory. There isn't anything that could cause a direct interaction with WinRAR in the system. This isn't mainly WinRAR for me. I was uncompressing a game patch and NOD32 denied that file the right to write to the game folder.

Also, I tried cutting a file to a program folder to replace an older alpha version of that program, the action was denied. This has never happened before the use of NOD32. Perhaps this is a desired affect by the Eset Company?

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi ChaosBlizzard:

Out of curiousity, how many different antivirus programs have you had installed on this system without doing a complete reinstall of the OS?

This is reminiscent of an uninstalled, but not completely removed antivirus program. You may want to find manual cleaning procedures if you had previous solutions.

An ActiveX control dropped by another antivirus program can cause these types of conflicts.

Lots of factors here. Baby steps. ;)

It is most likely a rogue piece of software yet to be identified.

5. N1G0W

N1G0W Registered Member

Well as i already said that i have the same problems on "WinXP Home SP1" the machine i am using right now, and on a "WinXP Pro SP2" wich is fresh installed.

The first app that i installed on that "WinXP Pro SP2" machine was NOD32,
    after install of NOD32 i installed winrar v3.42, then i dropped alot of winrar files on this machine wich contain all sorts of progs to install, but even on this fresh installed "WinXP Pro" i noticed the same extraction errors.

6. N1G0W

N1G0W Registered Member

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I too have noticed this problem - but if you open the winrar and use the extract to folder option, it is generally not a problem.

I too am running winrar 3.42 on top of NOD32 2.12.3 enterprise - it's VERY consistent - the error is that the file is in use by another user, and I know for a FACT that it is not - I can reboot and first operation is to attempt the extract - again, error on extraction.

I never considered NOD32 as the cause - but now you come to mention it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.