Nod32 and Latest ATI Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by usil, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usil

usil Registered Member

I downloaded ATI Driver version 6.5 which was released yesterday along with the ATI Catalystic Control Center. The control center gave me an error everytime I opened it, and gives the option of debugging. It then asks to send a report to Microsoft, which I allowed. It returned with a Microsoft Crash Analysis which blamed Nod32 for the crash of the ATI CCC.
    I contacted the Eset support who told me to turn the IMON off. That solved the problem.

On another note, the support guy told me that there is no problem keeping IMON off as it is covered by AMON in any case. He also said that IMON will be discontinued in the next version.
    Any comments about this? I have IMON off for the moment. What do you guys think about this from your experience?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The comment is that there is no problem if IMON is set to off . IMON is one of the helpers of the main protection AMON (access monitor) . Although I agree with them , I never advice people turn IMON , DMON or EMON off .

And if it is true that IMON will be discontinued , it would be a big wrong if it is not changed with something else (example AdIMON = Advanced IMON) :D :D :D

Can you ,please, say more info about IMON being discontinued? :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  3. usil

usil Registered Member

Here are 2 emails I received from the tech support today:

~Removed private email contents - Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I have not had any problem on my computer with ATI Catalyst Control Center 6.5 and IMON, but I can confirm that the CCC does communicate with the computer using TCP/IP. I am not sure why it is programmed that way, but I see how that could create a potential conflict with IMON.

I wonder how many people have run into similar problems, whether because of IMON, because they set their firewall to block it, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.