NOD32 and Arcserve 11 for windows

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by smoke455, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke455

smoke455 Registered Member

I have a Win2k box running Arcserve 11. After installing ENOD none of the services that arcserve relies upon can start and all the backups fail. I tried disabling all the modules in the NOD32 Control Center, but the only fix was to disable the NOD32 Kernel service.

Has anyone enountered this before? Is there a setting I can change in NOD to avoid the conflict with Arcserves services?

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi smoke455,
    Haven't used Arcserve 11, but when you say disabled all modules in the NOD32 Control Center do you mean that the icons were actually grey (not red) and then a reboot?

Cheers :)

3. smoke455

AMON was red, the rest were gray - after a reboot all the NOD32 services turn back on unless I disable the kernal service before the reboot.

I'm new to NOD32, just switched the company to it from eTrust - this has been the only glitch in the rollout so far.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Basically to disable modules you need to clear the 'enabled' checkbox then use the 'Quit' button for each module. These settings should stick after reboot.
    AMON is a little different - in adddition to what is required for the other modules you would also need to clear the 'Enable automatic startup of AMON' checkbox which can be found at Control Center --> AMON --> Setup --> Security tab.
    I am not recomending that you disable NOD32 since it can not offer protection when it is disabled. The above is just an answer to your question :D

I did notice that this Arcserve page mentions it has integrated antivirus, so I'm downloading a trial version to see what goes on with that.

Without seeing the Arcserve application yet, the IMON module would seem the most likely for Arcserve to conflict with especially if it makes any use of HTTP at all. Note that ESET's default configuration is for IMON to be disabled on any server. My understanding is that even if running server apps on a workstation these applications can cause issues when used in conjunction with IMON due to the nature of internal network traffic that server applications can often generate.

Couple of clarifications:
    Is it a Win2k workstation or a Win2k server?
    Which version of NOD32?
    Are you using the Arcserve version for 'Laptops and Desktops' or for 'Windows and Windows SBS' ?

Cheers :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  5. smoke455

I'm going to work with it more tomorrow to see if I can figure out which module is conflicting with what.

Win2k workstation using the enterprise version of arcserve - I'm backing up the entire company to disk on this workstation.

version info:
    NOD32 antivirus system information
    Virus signature database version: 1.1732 (20060830)
    Dated: Wednesday, August 30, 2006
    Virus signature database build: 7934

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.035 (20060810)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1120
    Internet filter version: 1.002 (2004070:cool:
    Internet filter build: 1013
    Archive support module version: 1.048 (20060714)
    Archive support module build version: 1173

Information about installed components
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Base
    Version: 2.51.26
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Windows 2000
    Version: 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4
    Version of common control components: 5.81.4916

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.