Nod32 acting weird

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by alvisinger, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alvisinger

alvisinger Registered Member

I have Nod32 security suite v3 with up to date windows vista 32bit.
    Sorry about this long thread but the more info i give will hopefully help.
    Until recently everything was fine and dandy then 1 day i couldnt connect to the internet, my broadband wizard asked me to disable my firewall, which i did. it then "refreshed my network settings" rebooted and hey presto i was connected.
    unfortunatley on rebooting nod32 ss firewall would not start, the antivirus and antispam were fine but the firewall option just turned red. ok
    so i tried to repair it using the add/remove program option
    this did not work
    so i tried to uninstal v3 and reinstal
    still no firewall
    i tried to uninstall using windows installer clean up utility as instructed on the eset website
    no luck
    so i tried system restore
    Fantastic... the firewall has loaded and i can still connect to the internet
    unfortunatley the anti spam module now fails to work and no firewall alerts come up for anything. it seems everything is allowed to connect to the internet.
    I again tried a reinstall.
    no success
    so How do i get the alerts back, the control of what connects to the internet, the antispam module to work and my hair to grow back ??

2. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Mmmmm

Have you checked for an infection that may have screwed up ESS o_O

Do a search for combofix and run that and see if that finds anything.

Also try malwarebytes Antimalware.

If they come back clean it's a screwed up registry or corrupt file.

They're are some instructions provided by eset that partly remove the program but these are insufficient and you'll still need to edit the registry and change permissions too ensure a clean install.

There's also a proper uninstaller but you have to email the mods to get this. I don't know how good this is though as I never used it.

3. alvisinger

Thanks for the reply, i have scanned the pc to within an inch of its life and seen nothing. The kind people at eset are going to contact me .. so we shall see.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest trying a complete uninstall and installing the latest v4.

5. samy

samy Registered Member

6. alvisinger

I got a call from eset today. They were able to sort out the problem within 10 minutes. The problem was with the well documented firewall version ( damn cant remember) any way...
    samy, you were very close with regards to the other issues.
    I was quiet impressed actually with the support, wonder if norton are as good.
    happy now everything is working again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.