Nod32 2.70.12 and Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gjohnson3b, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjohnson3b

gjohnson3b Registered Member

I was told that NOD32 2.70.12 does not support IE 7. I find this unusual as it says it supports Vista. Also 2 viruses go through a NOD32 installation that had up to the hour virus updates on new laptops. After unistalling nod32 and installing Norton Internet security 2006 it found 2 viruses on the computer.

w32.randex.gel and w32.spybot.worm

I have loved using NOD32 it has been great up until this week. Does anyone have any explaination as to why these viruses got through NOD32 all of the settings were as restrictive as possible on all threat modules.

Has anyone else had threats get through NOD32?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

All versions (v2) of NOD32 support IE7 .
    By the way , Version 2.70.12 is not the latest version , the latest is 2.70.23

These files should be first analyzed first . I cannot comments . Possibly incorrect settings also

3. gjohnson3b

gjohnson3b Registered Member

The information you posted contradicts the information I received direct from customer support on the phone yesterday.

Also they confirmed the setting I had for IMON, AMON, etc was not a configuration error.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I will say it again that ALL versions of NOD32 (v2) works with IE7 (on XP SP2) . Version 2.7 works on all versions of Windows , including Vista .

About the malware , when you have such things , please , post again here or contact ESET Tech Support support@eset.com

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

And I will confirm what HiTech_boy has stated.

Blackspear.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you please email copies of the two suspect files to samples@eset.com? A .ZIP file with a password of "infected" works great. Please include a link to this message thread. Thank you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

I will also agree it works great with IE7.
    Also find that Nortons only finds a very small percentage of viruses compared to NOD32. (Every day almost on different customers computers.)
    But just maybe Norton was ahead on eset with those infections that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.