Nod32 2.5 and Common User

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MarcSant, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcSant

MarcSant Registered Member

Hello All,

I have a Nod 32 2.5 installed on a Windows 2000 Professional Computer.

In this computer I have 2 user accounts: a account named guest that is a normal user, without any special permission. A user that can't install or modify programs or system folders.

And, the Admin account that is member of Local Admins.

I've installed the Nod 32 with admin user.

The program updates the virus and other signatures files with no problem when the 2 users are logged, but, the AMON Icon on system tray are showed in red when the Guest user are logged, and the message "amon is disabled" are showed when the mouse cursor is passed above the Nod32 system tray icon.

The service AMON are started in services, but, the EICAR test virus doesn't work when I use the guest user. If I put this user inside the Admin group, everything works fine, but I guess this is not the correct solution for this problem.

How I can fix this ? I maded a search in the forum and I don't find any suitable help.

Regards,

MarcSant.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Are you sure that the Guest user is a regular user? Windows 2000 comes with a built in user named "Guest" that is part of the special "Guests" group. This is different that the normal "Users" group.

Let me know, and I will try to create the same user on my Windows 2000 computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.