NOD32 2.0 BETA IS OUT !!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Technodrome, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete1

Pete1 Guest

OUT-GOING NOTIFICATION!!!!

(Maniacal laughter.... "Yes, there is a higher power!" (And they listen! ).

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Here's one more screen shot. Don't have time for more right now. I'm sure someone else will post some.

- Image size adjusted to fix borders - LowWaterMark

Attached Files:

3. Budman

Budman Registered Member

Well.......I think I like it :) I have a couple of questions though. So far I have installed it on a Win2K machine and I have a module named "NMS". What the heck is it? I see nothing in the help files about it so I have it disabled at the moment. I had one spontanious reboot in the begining while reading the help files. I then disabled "NMS" since I didn't know what it was for.

I want to get rid of Norton AV on my father's computer and install Nod32 as part of a Christmas present tomorrow. Will this Nod32 2.0 beta for Win9X work ok on a Win95 machine? Will it run as a trial on his computer since I haven't purchased a key for him yet?

Thanks,

Buddy

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

So, OK -- where is Rodzilla and the boyz when you need them. :D

A couple of questions, guys. Did you uninstall your registered version first or install on top? Either way, does the beta still show as a registered copy? I *really* want to give this puppy a test drive but I don't want to chance screwing up my registration and having to go through that tap dance. From the screen shots, it appears to use the same update files. Is that the case?

Thanks!
    Phil

5. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

thanks for posting the pics!

6. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Phil:
    When I installed the beta it ask for my username and password. I uninstalled previous version.It seems very stable on my Windows XP.
    I found one bug though :) Acording to Amon it has been scanning two files 15000 times o_O One being update.ini and the other is compaq.reg o_O Oh well
    Regards
    Tim

7. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

same question here.
    1-do you need to uninstall the paid for version?
    2-will it effect your registration once its out of beta?
    3-please someone post the correct procedure on install
    if its asking for username and password.
    thanks

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have the same questions as Hayc59.I've been waiting for this program to be released in a final version.But,hey!! This beta sounds very stable on xp.I'll give it a shot if someone can answer the questions Hayc59 posted.I don't want to risk screwing up my registration of the current version if something does go wrong.I think that's unlikely,but I want to make sure I cover all my bases.

9. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Hi all!

This is Recommended Procedure:

Uninstall your old (current version of NOD32) then reboot!
    After reboot install NOD32 2.0

During installation chose first install option "typical"!

U can enter your username and password during installation!
    Your registration info will be just fine. User name and Password give you access to nod32.com update server for duration of your license (ex. 1 or 2 years)! Since NOD32 2.0 uses the same update servers I don’t see any problem there.

****After you completed installation, reboot your computer once again!****

Technodrome

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Technodrome, so far so good!! now i notice my e-mail
    have a little message from nod32 that its been checked and is ok, in the message of the mail. anyway that you know of to get rid of that?? also as i pmed you and i am sure everyone else would like to know---
    i do my own scans and updates and would like to keep it that way, how do you set it up to accomplish this??
    thanks so much for all your help!!

11. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Thanks for the info, Tim. It sounds like the reg will hold in the beta. That's good news. :cool:

I have the scanning problem with AMON in the current release version on a couple of files. Although I don't *like* to, I excluded them from scanning in the config. Did you check to see if that option still exists in the beta? I would want to find out why the two files you named are trying to run that many times though. That Compaq file sounds like a phone home deal and I would want to know what update.ini is trying to update. They just might be working together.

Phil

12. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Techno. The above info is good news! I have the same question as the other poster -- can the auto-update be disabled so I can update when I choose? That is a major consideration with me on dial-up.

Phil

13. Technodrome

To get rid of NOD32 email message!

Go to Control Center---> Click IMON--> Click SET UP--> Under “append Notification to email” click no notification.

Answer to 2nd question.

Go to Control Center---> Click scheduler/planner---> uncheck regular NOD32 update.

Technodrome

14. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi guys:
    I have been waiting for the new NOD to come out before changing Av's. Looks good from the screenies posted BTW.

Q: Being a current non-user, non-registered person, if I download NOD beta, can I try it out, or do I have to purchase it up front.

I definitely would want to trial it first, before dumping PC-Cillin as I am completely happy with that at the moment.

TIA.

15. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Tassie Devils

The beta seems to be working fine so far for me without a current license. This includes the update feature (ed. at least the logs show it has checked without any error messages). I just left the username and password fields blank.

Regards,
    CrazyM

16. kabronsete

kabronsete Registered Member

Are you sure?? I get the message 'incorrect CRC checksum, the file might be damaged' when I scan RAR 3.0 or 3.10 files. o_O

17. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and Gents,

Please post (possible) bug reports over here.

Thanks in advance!

regards.

paul

18. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I have NOD32 installed and registered. If I try out the beta do I have to uninstall first?

19. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Feivel, see the post from Technodrome above ;).

regards.

paul

20. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

>Quote from: Feivel on Today at 09:58:14pm
    I have NOD32 installed and registered. If I try out the beta do I have to uninstall first?

>Feivel, see the post from Technodrome above

I did not uninstall NOD32 first. Instead, I went to MSConfig (W98SE) and unchecked, in start up, the NOD32 items. Then I rebooted. Then I installed the beta version. I did not have to put in my my user name and password. They were already present. Somewhere in the install process there something about returning user..something like that. All my settings were remembered except for "scan all files". Of course, maybe my settings are the default ones in the new NOD so I'm not sure they carried over as the scan all files did not.

21. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

I have seen technodrome's post about uninstalling - and another one about no need of uninstalling - so what shall we do?? Any word from nod??

Ruben

22. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Other question:

Anything to be carefull about when setting up with becky?? No need of setting it to local host?? Like in the old version??

Ruben

23. Technodrome

IMON (new feature) monitors email at the Winsock level, so you don't need to configured Becky or any other email client!

Technodrome

24. ipje

ipje Registered Member

Question about working together with Becky I send a e-mail to myself with the testfile from eicar.com but the new nod didn't report a viruswarning. Do I have something set wrong? And yes I set everything back to normal pop.bla.nl and port 110

25. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi CrazyM: thanks :)
    I will wait a bit yet. I have downloaded but not installed. I really am reluctant to do so at the moment, as my PC-cillin is so easy to run and use, particularly the inbuilt FW which runs in conjunction with Kerio with NO probs.

I would still want to maintain that feature of PC-Cillin. Maybe I could disable the scanning/real time/pop3 and just have firewall running then install NOD.

When I get time after xmas will do do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.