Nod slow shutdown windows 8

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Androidd, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Androidd

Androidd Registered Member

This problem appeared after I upgraded my windows to windows 8 professional, and then shutdown the windows started to get quite slow, lasting about 2 ~ 3 minutes or more (with installed nod).

I saw it was the nod because I did a computer formatting and then immediately turned off the windows and took no more than 15 seconds after installing nod32 antivirus x64 windows began to take 2 ~ 3 minutes, or more, to off.

This happened with you? Have you reported this problem, sorry, I did not find anything like my problem.

Sorry for the bad english, google translator and little of what I know of english.

PC: Core2duo, 4gb ram, 1tb hd....nod installed x64

Nod32 antivirus, last ver. 6.0.308.1 portuguese-BR, win 8 pro

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Androidd

Have had the same issue with slow shutdown of windows 8, when I shifted from windows 7 to windows 8 pro 64 bit.
    For keeping the story short, in my case it was a matter of incompatible and colliding drivers that gave me a long shutdown time. The solution for me, was to hunt down new drivers from the manufacturers websites. After that, no more long shutdown times for me. If you will do the same, if you not already done that, then just remember to backup your system before installing new drivers, just in case.

Take care, Janus :)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please try the following, one at a time, and let us know if it's made a difference:
    1, disable automatic real-time protection start and restart the computer
    2, disable HIPS and restart the computer

4. Androidd

Androidd Registered Member

ok, I'll try. I will not do the test drives, because all work correctly.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. Detroit999

Detroit999 Registered Member

I experienced the same problem after I installed ESET Smart Security 6 on my Windows 8 box. The shutdown time went from under 30 seconds to 6 minutes. Start up times seemed to increase too after I install Smart Security 6. After uninstalling Smart Security 6 start-ups and shutdowns went back to normal.

I also noticed the Smart Security also seemed to effect the operation of my Logitech touchpad T650. With Smart Security installed at times the touchpad was slow to respond after a period of time, with Smart Security uninstalled I noticed no lag.

At this point I don't know what the problem actually is but even though I purchased it I will not install Smart Security back on the system until ESET post a fix.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please follow my instructions above. It may be a 3rd party application or driver causing the issue in conjunction with ESET. With ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed, the issue doesn't occur?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.