Nod illegal error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ellison64, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Helo...
    Im getting a kernel32.dll error (nod32 caused an invalid page fault etc) and will be shutdown ...when scanning a certain folder.The folder in question is real alternative (its an alterative real player as the name implies).This happens when performing the right click shell scan or nod32 scan.The strange thing is though that if i open the real alternative folder and scan the folders and files in there individually theres no problem.If i scan the real alternative folder i get the error.This one has me stumped.Any ideas anyone?.
    ellison

2. aagfr

aagfr Registered Member

This may not be very helpful, but when I just right-click scanned my Real Alternative folder with NOD32 to see if it would reproduce your error, NOD32 performed the scan without any problems.

3. ellison64

Thanks for reply...it is helpful.Ill try reinstalling real alternative and see if that fixes it.
    ellison

4. aagfr

aagfr Registered Member

I've noticed in the past that when uninstalling Real Alternative it leaves its folder in the directory. You might want to remove it manually, and running a registry cleaner, before reinstalling.

5. ellison64

Mmmm..well that is strange.Ive just reinstalled real alternative (newer version 1.3 ...i had 1.29 i believe) , and nod now scans the folder and contained files with no problem.Ahh well ..one for the xfiles :)
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.