NOD alert about system

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by johnny_dacu, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_dacu

johnny_dacu Registered Member

When i start up my computer the icon becomes orange. When i click it is say something about my system is not updated. When i click on the error, a page is oppening to microsoft website but nothing happends. After that my icon becomes green, but only until next restart.

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

if set NOD is checking whether is your system is missing updates published by MS. By clicking on the alert the MS update website should be opened. You can avoid such alerts either by disabling such or keep your system updated.

21-07-2010 16-09-42.png

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You can always try to go to the MS update page directly to see if you indeed are updated.

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

The link from the ESET product is just taking you to the Windows Update page. Once there it is up to you to install the updates. By clicking the link it resets the flag for Windows system update monitoring. When you reboot ESET checks again to see if you are missing any Windows system updates and the process starts over. To break the cycle you have two options. Actually install the available updates or turn off ESET's monitoring of these updates. To do the latter simply select, No updates from the drop down box shown in vtol's screen shot.

Regards,
    -Tom

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Turn the ESET Windows Updates feature off, and visit Windows Updates on a regular basis assuming you have Automatic Updates turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.