Nod 32 wont clean found viruses

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bunker10, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunker10

Bunker10 Registered Member

Nod32 has detected active viruses in Outlook Express DBX files claims these files can be disinfected but can do nothing as the "clean" "rename" "delete" & "replace" buttons are all greyed out do I have some settings wrong. Also what is the difference between a trial version of Nod32 and a commercial version. The Nod32 mentioned above is registered

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Did you click "scan" instead of "clean" when you started the scan? Clicking the "scan" button prevents it from dealing with anything it detects.

The difference between the trial and commercial versions is that the trial version will be unable to update after 30 days, IIRC.

3. bgreg

bgreg Registered Member

I used the trial version for thirty days and bought the program. One of the best i've bought so far, well worth it ! The updates are almost daily, a great buy !

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Because of the way Microsoft handle Outlook Express files, when Nod notifies you of a infected email found, you need to go to the "Inbox" or "Deleted Items" and remove it from both. If Nod was to remove the infected file, it would remove the entire .dbx folder, be this Inbox.dbx or Deleted items.dbx

The Trial version will not update the program components module (the engine), it only updates the virus database.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.