NOD 32 version 4.0.437.0 on Exchange Cluster

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by abrown1983, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrown1983

abrown1983 Registered Member

Hello,

After a small search for the term "cluster" and "nod 32 on exchange cluster" I didn't see any threads on this so hopefully I didn't overlook them.

Ever since I installed NOD 32 on my exchange cluster, the ekern serivce seems to time out and then fail my exchange cluster. We are not using the actual version of NOD for exchange, we just have version 4 of it on the machine.

The message that we get is:
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the ekrn service.

After that happens once or twice, the whole cluster fails. I think I have added all of the exclusions that I need for a cluster and for exchange but I am still having the same issues. I have e-mailed my contact (that I bought nod 32 through) and have heard nothing back. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions please let me know.

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

V4 is known to cause some unexpected issue's (even crashes) on some server installations (even with proper exclusions), the latest version (4.0.467) has improved server compatibility. Reports say V3 works good, I don't know if the latest version 4 works good for the users who reported issue's with older V4 versions..

3. abrown1983

abrown1983 Registered Member

Is there anyway I can download the older version? I didn't start using NOD until version 4 and do not have a copy of the older version.

I could try the newer version I guess.

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Both the latest version of V4 and V3 can be downloaded directly from eset.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.