Nod 32 problems, can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Deb and Gen, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb and Gen

Deb and Gen Registered Member

I am having trouble after downloading NOD32 version 2.

1. When I go into the help pages I get a message saying " An error has occured in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Line 23 char 5". This happens on every page, every time I open one. All other applications on the computer help pages are fine.

2. I am on broadband and after aprox 30 minutes I get cut off and cannot reconnect until I reboot the computer. This has never happened before.

3. Even if I go and look in NOD32 I get a message the next time I start the computer saying "The network configuration was changed and IMON has updated the necessary settings accordingly. Please restart computer".

I am running Windows XP. I have let Nod into the firewall. Nod 32 helpline in NZ was no help at all. Broadband server said it is the antivirus causing problems. I have completely uninstalled Norton and deleted it from Computer. I have uninstalled Nod and reinstalled it also.

Can anyone help. I am only reading good things about Nod but I am going crazy with this and am wishing Id never started.

Many thanks
    Deb

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    apparenlty you have another application installed that collides with IMON. Please dropn an email to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread, we'll send you a diagnostic tool that will help us determine that application.

3. Deb and Gen

Thanks. Does anybody know of a program that could be interfering with NOD32 ? Norton would be the main one I suppose but I am sure I have deleted all of that. Any suggestions are welcome.
    *puppy*

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Deb and Gen, welcome to Wilders.

Please wait for further instructions from the email you have been asked to send to support, as they would like to see what is going on with your system before actioning anything.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just a guess, but might it be possible there's a left in Norton file or 2 in your computer? Even after uninstalling vigorously, you could miss a few. If you think that might be the case, call symantec and they have a program to clean Norton out completely.

6. Deb and Gen

Thanks Blackspear. I have done as the email asked last night and have not recieved a reply.
    Also thanks TWL845. I found the tool for deleteing Norton as you said and run it but Im still having trouble.
    I uninstalled NOD32 and Broadband stayed connected for the whole time but when I reinstalled NOD32 I got booted from Broadband again after a length of time, 30 mins - 1 hour.

7. Deb and Gen

Just an update of the problems I have been having.

I downloaded and run the Winsock XP Fix and I am no longer getting booted from the broadband.I read this on Blackspear's tutorial page, so a big thank you Blackspear. I suspect Norton had something to do with this happening.

As for the help page error, well I guess I will have to learn to live with it.

If anyone does know of a way to fix this please let me know.

Thanks again.
    *puppy* :D

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

If you create a new Windows user, are you able to access the NOD32 help files without any problem as that new user?

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I was going to suggest downloading the Norton Removal Tool and repairing Winsock, however Eset wanted to see what was going on with your system, so I held back on this advice.

My pleasure.

Correct.

I would suggest the following course of action to see if we can get your help file working:

Please download and save to your desktop a FRESH copy of NOD32 from HERE

For help with entering your Username and Password please see HERE

Uninstall your current version of NOD32 through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

REBOOT your Computer.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above using “Typical Settings”.

There is a Nod32 Tutorial on how to install and setup Nod32 HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.