Nod 32 and Spybot S&D

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by martyk4vm, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martyk4vm

martyk4vm Registered Member

I have Spybot S&D on my machine. Frequently when I bring up IE6, I get the message:

Spybot S&D Resident
    Spybot-S&D Reports that you want to download "Avenue A Inc". This is a known threat. Do you want to block this download? (Yes or No).

If I install Nod32, will it stop this "known threat" so I can uninstall Spybot-S&D?

My laptop runs XP SP2 and Outlook and IE6. I also have free Zone Alarm and when I am at the house in the winter with high speed internet, I have a Router in line.

Thank you.

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

@martyk4vm

Actually it's just a cookie. Spybot is basically overreacted on this one (one of the many reasons I haven't used it in a long time). Really nothing to fear, but for the most part, if you are a safe surfer running NOD32 and Firefox/Opera should keep you pretty well protected.

-Cov

3. martyk4vm

Thanks, Cov

I try and surf safely, but you never know when you might stumble upon a real killer! That is why I need safety nets.

What I hope to do with Nod32 is get rid of McAfee, Spybot, Windows Defender and AdAwareSE.

And I am afraind I have IE6 and Outlook, not Firefox/Opera.

Still trying to make my Nod32 decision.

Again, Thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problems . NOD32's IMON protects agains exploit which covers IE and OE so even with them you are protected .

Moreover you can always goto www.mozilla.com and download marvelous Firefox 2 for free :thumb:

5. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

totally agree with you on this. Also, add NoScript to Firefox and surf even safer
    :mrgreen:

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you have ad-aware se or pro i'd suggest you run that alongside nod32 or else run spybots teatimer, both are handy to have run realtime for the added protection and they don't seem to cause any slowdown.

7. martyk4vm

Now that Nr 1 son no longer works for Microsoft, I could consider Foxfire. :D However, I have enough new stuff to learn so I'd rather not change now.

FarmerLee: Are you saying that I NEED to keep AdAware SE because NOD32 won't cover all bases??

Thanks one and all for the answers. Still trying to decide: nod or not. o_O

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No, NOD32 is more than adequate for Spyware.

Cheers :D

9. martyk4vm

Thankyou Blackspear. I was hoping that Nod 32 would cover my Anti-spy needs. Right now I have 3 programs doing that, and I am ready to Keep It Simple Stupid, and get rid of them along with McAfee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.