No updates for SpywareBlaster or Spyguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HiArt99, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiArt99

HiArt99 Registered Member

Hi,

for several weeks now I have been unable to update SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard. neither of these applications connect to the internet anymore. I have checked my Kerio PF and Peerguardian settings, indeed, with these two apps disabled I still can not connect. After checking with a friend on another forum, they are connecting just fine , so it must be a local problem.

Can someone tell me where the latest updates are and, more importantly, how to install them?

Many thanks

Art.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. HiArt99

Re: No updates for SpywareBlater or Spyguard

Thanks, but I think this getting to the core of the problem.

I tried clicking on http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywar...ckdatabase.dtb and I get "Firefox can't find the server at www.spywareblaster.net." I have disabled the firewall and peerguardian, and still see this message. I get a similar message with IE.

I'll ask my ISP if there is a problem with the routing (unlikely, but worth a try).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What happens if you click on this link ?

5. HiArt99

I get the same error message. Can't load the page. The ISP have checked the link and there is no problem their end, so it has to be something local that is blocking access to the page. I'll try a reboot in safe-mode and close all non-essential apps and see what happens.

Did that, and it made no difference. Do I need to open any port on the hardware?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.