No such script

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scopacetic, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

When I look at the log in TI, it is filled with the error:

No such script "1C5FD2F8-D07A-4A1E-9967-4AA1CE39AB73"

This always occurs on Monday at 1 am. I poked around and see that scheduled backups run with scripts which are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts. The above mentioned script is indeed not present and refers I believe to an old schedule that I long ago deleted. I guess it's of no real consequence, but where is the call to run that script coming from and how can I get rid of it? Deleting and reinstalling the program doesn't do the job.o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Scopacetic

I tried schedmgr.exe and it deleted the visible schedule, but did not solve the error. I then tried uninstalling TI, deleting all acronis files, including program files, common files, application data files and acronis registry entries. On reinstalling subsequently, and running schedmgr.exe one more time for good measure, the problem still occurs. So where is the call to run the script coming from?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

FYI - you're not the only one with this problem. I have the same thing occurring every morning at 2AM.

5. Scopacetic

Did you once have a regularly scheduled 2 am backup?

6. TheWeaz

Nope.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Scopacetic and TheWeaz,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, I'm not sure if Anton's instructions were clear enough. Please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining in detail how to delete scheduled tasks using schedmgr.exe application mentioned above.

Please also take a look at the issue described in this previous thread as it looks similar to the one you encounter. Deleting all scheduled tasks using schedmgr.exe application solved the problem in that case.

If deleting all scheduled tasks using schedmgr.exe application and re-creating them anew does not solve the problem in your case then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe);

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the "phantom" scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

- Collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. TheWeaz

Since I only recently had to rebuild all my scheduled tasks after a version/build upgrade, I’m in no hurry to do it again. Thanks for the info, but I’ll just sit tight for now.

9. mcm57

mcm57 Registered Member

Is there any information available how this problem has been solved ?

I'm havin exactly the some problem (phantom task executing at monday night). As zappiung all tasks dis not help in this case I would like to try this only if this is really the best solution.

Does anybody know (or better can someone post) where ATI store the information about scheduled tasks ? (The info must be stored somewhere, must likely in a file or in the registry :) )

McM

10. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Do you have a scheduled task which has been created under a different user account?

F.

11. mcm57

mcm57 Registered Member

No, not that I know.

The system is used only by me (one personal account but with admin rights).
    I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that ATI was installed under my personal account.

McM

12. mcm57

mcm57 Registered Member

Is there any suggestion how to resolve this phantom tasks(s).

I guess someone should know where Acronis stores the information about schedules tasks so that there is a chance to remove these error messages.

McM

13. mcm57

mcm57 Registered Member

I've found a solution:

a) get the schedmgr application (search forum for link)

b) the schedmgr application has a built in help to get more infos.

I've done the following steps:

schedmgr
    get report

-> search for task id of task refering the missing script, i.e. 1-2

select the task by
    task 1-2

delete the task using
    task delete

Please be aware, that this is ***NO*** offical guide from Acronis. Use this info completly at your own risk !

McM

14. unixvsnt

unixvsnt Registered Member

I try all things in this Thread but i'm not able to cancel "phantom script"....:rolleyes:

But i now have the "definitive solution".....:D

Go in the directory script..... "documents and settings/All User(or Administrator)/Application Data/Acronis/TrueImage/Scripts"....

copy an active/regular script to another file with name of "phantom script" error file code.

edit this file to change id to id of phantom script.
    edit this file to change name (obviously).

restart True Image.

if you go to scheduled task appear the new :)lurking: ) job.

Delete IT:-*

and magically the phantom script are dissolved like snow at sun....:cool:

Thanks to all to address me to right solution.

Alex
    http://www.ilcomputer.com/wordpress/2007/07/21/no-such-script-error-su-acronis-true-image-server-91/

15. Acronis Support

Hello unixvsnt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Thank you for the provided information. Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.