No network access with ATI boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by C.Hall, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.Hall

C.Hall Registered Member

I am trying to restore an image file from another computer on a pier to pier network, to a notebook PC with a blank hard disk.
    When the restore wizard shows the browse window, I can see "Computers near me" on the left hand side. When I click on this, I get another "Computers near me" on the right hand side, but that is as far as it goes. I cant see any directories on the other computer.
    I am using Windows 98 SE on both systems and booting with Acronis 7. With windows running, the network is working fine and the image file on the other system is visible. I have checked the network properties on ATI and Windows, and they are the same.
    Can anyone help please?

Regards
    Chris

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. C.Hall

C.Hall Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion Anton. I have also posted this problem with Acronis direct, but the response is very slow. I guess the support team is very busy.
    I have moved on since I originally posted this query. I have installed build 611 and tried again to access the network. The response is slightly different, in that when I click on "computers near me", the RH box shows "my computer"
    I have also noticed that if I try to type in the filename box, backslash characters are not shown and I am unable to type the address of the archive in UNC format.
    The bottom line is that I still can't access the network to restore the archive to my laptop.
    Has anyone else experienced the same problems when trying to access a network in this way?

Regards
    Chris

4. Acronis Support

Hello Chris --

It's better to resolve such problems directly through Acronis Support, so please wait till the support person contacts you, if not yet. The Support team is indeed quite busy, but we do our best to close the gap between the requests and answers to our customers.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. C.Hall

C.Hall Registered Member

Hello Anton
    Thank you for your reply
    I would first like to say that ATI is a good product and does mostly all that you would expect, except for the current problem
    Normally I might agree with you, that I should go direct. However, due to lack of response, I am on this sight through desparation.

To put it into perspective:
    24th April. I first posted this problem with Acronis and was quickly advised
    to upgrade to v7
    27th April. I upgraded to v7
    5th May. I sent an email to say that the problem still existed
    10th May. I re-sent the message since I had no reply
    11th May. I re-sent the message since I still had no reply
    18th May Received a reply with advice to upgrade to build 611
    18th May. I upgraded to build 611 and sent email to say problem still existed
    19th May I sent further information which I thought would be helpful
    24th May Still waiting for a response

As you can imagine, I am not a happy customer and my patience is wearing thin! I would even welcome the response "It doesn't do what we said it would but we are fixing it"

I live in hope
    Regards
    Chris

6. Acronis Support

Hello Chris --

Please, can you tell me the ID of the Support query (it should be written in the subject of the e-mail) so that I could look up what's going on with it? I mean any of the e-mails that you exchanged with Support directly.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

7. C.Hall

C.Hall Registered Member

Hi Anton
    Some good news. I got a reply today. They asked me to try something and I have sent some data back. I still live in hope!
    The reference is #77526

Regards
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.