No IEEE 1394 Firewire support on Rescue CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by boejoe, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

2. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Well, now that you expanded on the question, I realized I misunderstood what you were asking (it's not too clearly phrased, if you take a look at it again.) It is the motherboard's BIOS that handles the plug&play, not the OS. So the IRQs are also automatically assigned by the BIOS.

3. Davidk

Davidk Registered Member

boejoe.... can't thank you enough for you post. Recently installed TI 8.0.791 and imaging worked fine to my external firewire drive. Of course I wanted to test it but was very nervous. Last time I tried with this Norton Ghost and it wrecked havac on my RAID 1 SATA drives.

Without shutting down, I just rebooted and had the CD in the drive... took forever for TI to load and with lots of ieee1394 errors. Finally the main screen showed but it took forever to select my external drive and when I finally was able to I was getting sectore 0 read errors... yikes... I thought.

Then I read your post about shutting down... makes sense... of course. Shut down, fired up, TI loaded right away, no errors, all drives in place... firewire, SATA drive etc. I didn't actually do a restore, but took it to the point where everything was selected.

Thanks again, Davidk

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Davidk,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We will take into account this remark concerning FireWire drives especially since it helped a lot of people with similar problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.