no connection at boot up

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by whoisit, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoisit

whoisit Guest

I'm having a problem with LnS after installing it on a new pc. The network connection doesn't work\is being blocked after starting the computer. I have to close and restart LnS in order to get the connection to work. It seems to be blocking before that.

Why is this?

2. whoisit

whoisit Guest

The connection also stops after a while. Again, LnS has to be closed and restarted in order to get back to normal.

3. whoisit

whoisit Guest

This is very awkward. The connection dies after a while and LnS has to be restarted.

Any suggestions anyone?

4. whoisit

whoisit Guest

There is a non-stop sytream of a connection that's being blocked. this is an example:
    7-25-05,18:09:50 D-2755 'ICMP : All ICMP types (n' 194.134.180.37 ICMP Type:11 Code:0
    07-25-05,18:09:50 D-2756 'ICMP : All ICMP types (n' 194.134.180.37 ICMP Type:11 Code:0
    07-25-05,18:09:51 D-2757 'ICMP : All ICMP types (n' 194.134.180.37 ICMP Type:11 Code:0
    07-25-05,18:09:51 D-2758 'ICMP : All ICMP types (n' 194.134.180.37 ICMP Type:11 Code:0

It really goes on and on, continuously. What could that be (modem?) and should I allow it?

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

6. whoisit

whoisit Guest

Thanks, but that didn't help.
    I didn't notice this before, but these alerts only occur when Bitcomet is running. These messages are new, after upgrading Motherboard\processor.

I don't know why this should make a difference, but it does.
    Is there an explanation for the "dying" internet connection, forcing a restart of LnS in order to make it work again?

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Could you answer the first question:
    Are these alerts the only ones you get in the log (ICMP Type 11) ?

If the answer is Yes, then you should try to add a specific rule allowing these packets. To do so, use a right click on this kind of alert in the logs.

Thanks,

Frederic

8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

It is recommended that you to reproduce this anomaly, but have very little running in the background that clients that uses your connection. After the problem happens, poster the log file.

9. whoisit

whoisit Guest

After booting (and not being able to connect) the log is completely empty. Could there be a conflict with the new mb\processor?

10. whoisit

whoisit Guest

When the connection dies, there are messages in the log like the ones I posted before. Should I just allow these? And for any specific application?

11. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, you should try to allow these packets.
    There is no specific application associated to these packets, because they are used by the system directly.

For the problem of the connection at startup, you should try to only deactivate the Application Filtering and reboot, just to see if the problem is not coming from an application being blocked although it should not. This also could solve the disconnection issue, if finally the problem was you blocked by mistake (system ?) application to connect.

Frederic

12. whoisit

whoisit Guest

Thank you for the quick reply.

"only deactivate the Application Filtering and reboot"
    I did that and the problem disappeared. It turned out that I had blocked a Windows process that has to be able to connect. Unblocked it: it's working now.
    Even the reported messages in the log seem to have gone.
    Thanks again for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.