no 2nd scheduled task will finish

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drhanso, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhanso

drhanso Registered Member

Hi,

with TI B826 we're having the same problem as before: On an XPSP2 machine there is one incremental backup scheduled at 0900 and one at 1600. If we do not shut down the computer in between (for lunch break), then the task at 1600 wil not complete, it will remain in a 'waiting' state. In this state you can't even run other tasks manually.

Is there a trick?

-Hans

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hans,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

Then run the following command:

shedmgr

and enable flags using the following commands:

set logflags -1
    set lf_registry off

Reproduce the problem and send the log file (the log file is named schedul2.log and placed to the same folder as the service file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) and schedreport.txt to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. drhanso

Irina,

I closely followed your instructions and the schedreport.txt was written, but I couldn't find the schedul2.log.
    My C:\Program Files\Common Files does not contain any Acronis files. What shall I do?

-Hans

4. Acronis Support

Hello Hans,

There must be \Acronis folder in Program Files\Common Files folder. Could you please tell whether you had any error messages during the installation of Acronis True Image? Please try to uninstall Acronis True Image and install the latest (826) build from scratch under administrator account.

After that please check whether you have Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folder and if not please let us know where you install Acronis True Image (was it default folder in \Program Files or not).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. drhanso

Hello Ilya,

>>There must be \Acronis folder in Program Files\Common Files folder

No, there is no Acronis file or folder in my C:\Program Files\Common Files, even though I reinstalled TI right now.

There is only a C:\Programme\Acronis folder.
    Maybe it is because this is a German system? I have tried on a 2nd system, and there are no Acronis files in C:\Program Files\Common Files either.

-Hans

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

German? Yes, seems like the folder name is dependent on the language. Start a CMD.EXE and do this to see the name of the folders used in the German version:
    Code:
    echo %ProgramFiles%
    echo %CommonProgramFiles%

7. Acronis Support

Hello drhanso,

Please try to find schedul2.log using Search menu (Start -> Search). Also please tell me what the "Programme" folder you have. Do you create it manually or is it a default folder of your OS?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. RogerD

RogerD Registered Member

9. drhanso

Irina,

it seems that different languages use different default folders. So my 'echo %ProgramFiles%' is 'C:\Programme' and the 'echo %CommonProgramFiles%' is 'C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dokumente' and there is the Acronis folder with the schedul2!

Thank you for this hint. As our server can only be had for testing this on sundays I'll do the rest of our testing ASAP. In the meantime I found out that the culprit is a task named TrueImageService.exe that does not terminate nicely. When shutting down we mostly have to kill it manually. I'll be back when more info becomes available.

-Hans

10. Acronis Support

Hello Hans,

We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. drhanso

Hi,

for no obvious reason the problem is mostly gone now (no changes were made to the system...) and therefore hard to trace down. Sometimes trueimageservice.exe will still not quit, but it is not a big deal (after forcequitting the task with taskmanager, the rest of the schedule runs as intended). 90% is fine with me at the moment.

Thanks for the help

-Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.