NIS2009 missed Trojan found by MS Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by silverfox99, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Leave it at its default, then change low-risk items and tracking cookies to "Remove". This will make it truly set-and-forget unless she opens an infected archive file. This might need a removal of the whole archive as you need to extract things to make them work (which means she could probably take out any files that aren't malicious first). Then it'll prompt as the user needs to make a choice.

2. raven211

Will OpenDNS prevent that kind of hijacking?

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

FYI -- The log is C:\Windows\Debug\mrt.log on Windows Vista.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

No, it won't. The hijacking will happen within your system, where you have OpenDNS DNS IPs set. Just like our ISP's DNS IPs are set.

All the malware needs to do is to be "allowed" to change them in your system, router.

And, I've never seen OpenDNS claim such achievement. It would be wrong.

5. raven211

Yeah... I hope there's a higher chance it won't succeed if it's on the router as it must crack a password in that case.

6. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

i dont want a a vs b here but i think a good addition to your setup would be threatfire rather than prevx since its free and you mentioned the budget, however be careful as there have been reports of problems with it, personally ive never had a problem in the last 8months or so, and also when you say i cant afford a new subscription, you'll see here most people find the free products are infact the better ones, good antiviruses i can recommend are avira and avast, you could go down that route of having layered free app approach.
    if you do please ask if your not sure on what to dl, and how or what they are.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this is about NIS and what happened to them, can happen to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.