NIS or Norton 360 firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gery, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

how good is it? I have a licence for Norton 360 and i want to know if the firewall is as good as others.
    Thanks in advance
    Gery

2. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

One thing to be aware of is the firewall in NIS (and probably N360 as well) can be put into manual mode. By default it handles permissions for programs automatically, but you can exert direct control over programs. By the way, N360 3.0 has the new technology developed for NIS2009 - much improved over 2.x versions.

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

The firewall component is great.

Good enough for both novice users and advanced that want to further tweak it.

Panagiotis

5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Yes, but I don't know what settings Matousec used in the testing - does anyone else know? o_O Overall I don't care a lot about their testing. I'm more for the real-deal, and when it comes to the real-deal, the defence I think is good enough is, for me, since I'm not comfortable with sandboxes, to detect malicious behavior of undetected malware and through signatures. The only time a software FW comes in in my case is if I would disable my AM-defence - as simple as that. :) Incoming hack-attacks and similar is up to the hardware FW, which can't be disabled in comparison (or?).

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had good performance with Norton's firewall for quite a while.It has never let me down that I know of.

bigc

7. zeus_hunt

zeus_hunt Registered Member

Its a very quite firewall.
    Very Good experience so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.