NIS blocking Outlook send / receive & PC does not turn off

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mataharimata, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mataharimata

mataharimata Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I recently received an unprotected outbreak alert from Norton Internet Security 2005 version 8.0.5.14 for the worms W32.Esbot.A and W32.Zotob.E. I ran Norton Live Update and now it seems like I am protected against the outbreaks. Ever since then, I haven't been able to send or receive emails with my Outlook, however I am able to send and receive emails when I disable NIS.

The other thing that I have a problem with ever since I ran Norton Live Update is that I cannot turn off or restart my my laptop in the normal way, have to do it through the ON/OFF button. When I go to Start>Turn off computer>Turn off or Restart, I get a screen saying that ccApp.exe cannot close, which is a is a process belonging to Norton AntiVirus. When I end the program, it gets back to my desktop and nothing else happends, it continues working as if I had never pressed the Turn off function.

Can anyone please advise me on what to do?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

2. mataharimata

mataharimata Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.