Nice to know

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Starrob, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

I just got back from reading a forum where the script kiddies hang out. One user posted this (translated from German):

"The new Process Guard 3,0 blocks Bifrost and all other advice pityless; -)

only the good old Execution method goes past there still to; -)

Who this program has is approximately as well as everything protected."

That is why I think ProcessGuard is the most powerful security program on my computer. There is a learning curve to learning how to use it but with intelligent use, it is virtually impossible to get infected.

I like version 3. It seems that with each version, the learning curve becomes less steep.

On this same website there was talk of a newer version of BiFrost being built that could possibly bypass Tiny Firewall. That was sort of shocking to me because Tiny, properly configured is very difficult to get around. These guys work very hard to defeat security programs.

I could never put full trust in a scanner or firewall again after reading some of the things I read. The closest I have to full trust is PG 3

Starrob

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The problem with firewalls and especially anti-virus programs is they will never be able to be as good at what ProcessGuard does unless they end up basically becoming ProcessGuard. By that I mean you need to allow certain applications (operating system and user selected ones) on the system to do certain things. So you can't just "block" everything. If they could just block everything I would suspect the features would have eventually filtered into those products.

However since you cannot block everything there will always be a need for a program like ProcessGuard to provide the best security possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.