News Item : Bad memory? Try this site!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Prince_Serendip, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

News Item : Bad memory? Try this site! (F.Y.I.)
    17 September 2002

Did you forget, again, your wife's birthday, marriage anniversary or the date of your holidays? If yes, this new website is for you.

LifeisBusy.com is a free service which reminds you of the dates that you cannot afford to forget.

In less than five minutes, you can sign up and enter all your important dates. Plus, once you enter a birthday or anniversary, you will receive a reminder every year without having to enter the details again.

It's easy to use, makes life easier for those who are busy and, most importantly, is free. There's also a fun section for those “who are not so busy” with games including Tetris, Pacman, Space Invaders – perfect for filling up your empty days.

This useful website was launched after the founder got the date wrong for his annual family holiday last year. Following an argument with his wife he decided to develop a website which allowed busy people to feel lighter. So, relax! Lifeisbusy.com does it for you!

Obtained from WebUser.

http://www.lifeisbusy.com/

Note: This site is ideal for me. I have always had trouble remembering those special dates! ;)

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Re:Bad memory? Try this site!

Not ideal for me, Larry - I'd never remember to visit it!

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Larry,

I thought that there were also small utilities (I don't remember me the names ;)) available that you can run on your own PC to remind you for important dates; that solution looks better to me than to fill in all kind of such info on a website.

4. controler

controler Guest

Yea and um who would want to give all that personal info ? LOL
    I am the worst when it come to B-days.
    Ya know you are getting old when you have the need to write daily notes for reminders :D

5. root

root Registered Member

Sounds good, but I can't remember anything to put down. How do you get started? o_O :D

6. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

First of all, write down your name. You'll find it here. :D

7. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi Everyone!

I modified the subject heading of this topic. Something I should have done before. I have not used this site. I found it in the News.

I have an incredible memory but I often forget birthdays, anniversaries, the date of the Battle of Hastings. You get the idea. There are small utilities that can do this. I have one except it reminds me every week so I tend to ignore it. I need a utility which will give me one or two reminders prior to the event. If I get more, I ignore because I'm rather busy.

If any of you know of such utilities, please post them here. Thank you! (Perhaps I should of explained this earlier.) ;)

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Larry,

This free utility from PCMag might be the one you're looking for:

NoteWhen

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,89095,00.asp

There are several pages and pictures there that describes the program (for the pictures you might have to enable Javascript). Have a look overthere and read what the program could do for you.

Some quotes from that site:

Stick a Note on Your Desktop

By Steven E. Sipe

Take all those little sticky notes off your monitor. NoteWhen lets you replace them with movable, resizable electronic notes. Choose any font for the text, which wraps automatically as you type, and vary the background and foreground colors to suit your mood. Schedule notes to pop up automatically and with an audio alert, if you want. You can set notes for one-time or recurring events and can control how far in advance you'll be notified. A calendar view shows all the events scheduled for a given day. Dates with event entries are shown in boldface in the monthly calendar.

9. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Hi. Been using a program called Talking E-Mail. Convenient when mail arrives while working on something else, or just around the house. I need to respond to important clients quickly, so I cue these with a special sound clip – ignore others – or set how many lines of the mail I want read to me, usually just enough to determine if the message warrants attention.

But the reminder feature lets me schedule reminders year-round. I think it bypasses program filters to POP3 servers though – so might not be practical if your being spammed to death. Beats having to check mail constantly for priority and acts like a personal secretary. I hear whose calling on me, what they want, appointments to get ready for, even if I’m in the kitchen fixing something to eat. There’s a trial period. No problem on XP with IE6 anyway – and it doesn’t pull in attachments. http://www.4dev.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.