Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JimTram, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimTram

JimTram Registered Member

I just switched over to TI8 from Ghost 2003. I am certainly impressed with your program and amazed how intuitive it is. I read the help manual that came with the program and as usual with me, that created more questions. :)

Is there a way to eliminate the F11 nag on bootup?

Does TI8 automatically format a new unformatted HDD during the restore process?

When updating TI8, do you just apply the update over an existing installation or start all over again? I asked this because of the secure zone setup.

Why is my secure zone FAT32, when the rest of the HDD is NTFS?

Thanks,

Jim T.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you do not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager you won't get the F11 prompt. If you have already activated this option the only way to eliminate it is to remove Acronis Secure Zone.

Acronis True Image is able to work with unformatted disks. It creates all the necessary partitions during the restore process.

When you update Acronis true Image you may either uninstall previous version and install the latest build from scratch or just install it without uninstallation of the old version.

Acronis Secure Zone is special hidden FAT32 partition that is intended only for image storage.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. JimTram

JimTram Registered Member

Thanks - I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jim,

If you have any further questions or my answers are not clear please feel free to ask. I will certainly answer you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.