Newbee comments...

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Jonny594, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonny594

Jonny594 Guest

Hello,

Just downloaded PE and I like it very much. I does most of what I was looking for...

Two questions:

1. I have 65 system sockets and 3 normal sockets. I find myself scrolling up and down all the time to see what is changing. Is there a way to hide the system sockets so I can clearly see what is changing? Perhaps there is an "Active" tab that will show only the sockets active in the past few minutes??

2. On the Traffic Log Window, is there a way to highlight a single packet and quicky see its contents (spy on it)??

Finally, I have an app that runs with a tray icon, but shows up as a hidden socket. Is it considered hidden even though it has an icon in the tray?

Thanks!!

Jonny

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jonny594

Yu can reduce the clutter by using - Settings hide netstat sockets, this will hide some system sockets.

If you right click on a socket you can enable spying, once enabled you can then click refresh now, then clicking packet data. I do not yhink there is a quicker way unfortunately.

Any socket from a GUI window will show as hidden when minimised, this is a safety measure in cas the programme is not a trusted app such as a Trojan etc.

HTH Pilli

3. Jonny594

Jonny594 Guest

Thank you Pilli for your prompt reply!

In a future version I would like to see a quick way to view a single packet. A right click in the Traffic Log Window will open up the contents of the highlighted packet in the spy qui, so we can quickly scan selected sockets as the data comes in.

And speaking of the spy gui, a view of the packet data in text format rather than hex mode would be great, so we can see the data (POP3, HTTP, etc) as the script was coded...

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.