New ZoneAlarm Pro 6.1.737 released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kerodo, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Using a Linksys with Dell adapter, and ZAP 6 crashes it every time. I even have to re-install the adapter. Have tried re-installing, reformats, checking settings, etc.

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Maybe the ZA forum can help?

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    ZoneAlarm free is my very first firewall I have installed on my pc... but it really have slowed down my start-up and shutdown and my net speed is very slow. :(

But this firewall I think is very protective and also smart... I will try to install this again when I have already a fast net connections and a bigger ram memory. :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=42245#M42245

In this thread at ZA forum we're discussing my problem.
    Some Win98 users went back with the msimg32.dll to the original win98 version, but i do remember there was a security update for that file in 2002 and with the GDI32.dll so i hesitate to go back to the possible insecure version and i do remember several programs kept crashing on the GDI till that replacement with the newer file, but now it is the zlclient itself having problems with the newer files on a win98 system. In fact the newer file is a XP version but for most programs and GUIs it works better so why not for zlclient.exe on win98?
    Strange - hope it works better on XP then, but i hesitate to try it there!

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have to say that I´m not having any problems, it runs smoothly just like back in the days. And the triple firewall is nice to have, it so far has alerted me about Service/Driver, Global hook and Autostart installs. But I´m not sure if it is as powerful as Regdefend or PG, it didn´t pass a lot of leaktests with the Program control on "medium", I will test it later with the "high" setting, but I know from back in the days that this mode can be very annoying. :rolleyes:

6. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I`m running ZA Pro on a XP sp2 machine without any problems at all. This newer Ver is the best one out yet, especially on resourses.

7. Rasheed187

Btw, did anyone else notice that ZA PRO will sometimes not alert you about certain activities (HIPS) and then suddenly after a while it will start to alert you about things it never use to spot, just like it´s in some kind of learning mode? o_O

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope, never noticed that, but it's possible that slightly different conditions will generate different alerts and results..

9. Rasheed187

Well, I think it must be some kind of bug, because in the beginning it didn´t alert me if for example Maxthon wanted to start a new app, and at the moment it´s not alerting me when Rootkit Hook Analyzer wants to install a service, very strange. :doubt:

And btw, I can´t seem to get rid of my shutdown problems, my machine does shutdown (with "fast-shutdown" enabled and "clear pagefile" disabled) but now zaclient.exe and explorer.exe are crashing at shutdown (before getting terminated), I don´t like this. Does anybody has any idea what might be the problem? Maybe a conflict between PG and ZA o_O?

10. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

11. Rasheed187

Hi,

Yes, I have it installed but it´s disabled. Why do you ask this, is there some kind of conflict maybe? The zaclient.exe app is still crashing at shutdown, don´t know what the problem is. I have also deinstalled the MS Shared Computer toolkit btw, because it sucked. :rolleyes:

12. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Just installed the free version and it's running well and browsing appears quicker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.