New version update screwed up

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by keef400, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keef400

keef400 Registered Member

I recently installed the new version of both client, server and remote administartion. I'm on all the latest released versions. Ever since i've moved to version 5.X.X I have not be able to get the remote administrator console to properly display the information.

Clients get updated then the RAC says the PC needs to be robooted. I reboot and it still says the same thing. It also states that the PC's have not been connected in days. The virus signatures are all in red stating that they are not up to date.

I go to the client PC and everything is up to date no messages about rebooting and seems to be working fine.

During my troubleshooting I now cannot see two PC's that I know are there one of which disappeared after I sent an installation command (which completed successfully) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling clients and so far none have worked except one PC. I have one PC updated all the way and reporting correctly, but no other PC will report to the RAC correctly.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Are you sure the servers are connecting correctly to the ERAS? Remember that the V5 clients have a completely separate branch in the configuration tree, and you'll need to make sure you have the server name listed in there.

Jim

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd check a client locally if it's set up properly to connect to ERAS. If you've used a NetBIOS name, try using the IP address of the server instead. To test connectivity, set the interval for connecting to ERAS to 0 so that the client attempts to connect every 10 seconds.

4. keef400

I have 10 PC's that im trying to work with version 5. Only one PC responds correctly. The other do not. I have changed the policy settings for version 5 adding the server as the update location. I noticed thought that only one PC will accept the new policy the others do not update to the new policy for version 5.

I have about 50 other PC's on various other versions that are responding to the RAC just fine.

5. keef400

I tried to add the server manually on my client but its stating I need to be an administrator. I am an administrator.... I even logged off my account and onto the "administrator account" and it still wont let me change it. I cant uninstall it anymore without the safemode uninstaller.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps it's a registry permission issue as you must be able to edit settings with admin rights. If necessary, I could connect to the problematic computer using TeamViewer and check it out myself or contact Customer care.

7. keef400

Well after it gave me that error it applied the change anyways. I can see the server as the update source now. When I click update however it just sits there at 0% and spins.

I have recently tried to update a few others that were on version 4 and they succeeed and function just fine.

Although I have a new PC that I decided to test things on and RAC cant find the new PC.

8. keef400

Figured out why the new PC couldnt be foud. Eset thought a laptop was the new PC because of the IP address changing for the laptop.

9. keef400

I dont know anymore. That New PC only show's up if I do a custom search. Wont come up if I dont. Thought it was an IP issue but its not. This is frustrating. Does Eset have a technical support line or anything like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.