New version notification

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by _Logan, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Logan

_Logan Registered Member

Hello,

I'm a new owner of ESET Smart Security, I was wondering if it's possible to subscribe to some newsletter for notification of new versions? I see a topic was posted here about a new version: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=195310

I'm assuming a sticky is made for each new version? It would be more convenient for me if it was in an email as I won't remember to check the forum all the time.

Also, one more question. Why must updates be downloaded and are not installed automatically via auto-update like the virus definitions? When I used Norton, and other software in the past, it would update everything from LiveUpdate with no need to download a new version.

Thanks.

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Select Advanced Mode (AM) and go to AM Setup Tree. Select Update and peruse options. Individual modules have been updating, but I haven't seen a version autoupdate (eg 566 => 621) yet.

3. _Logan

_Logan Registered Member

Hmm, alright. It would be nice if program updates were done, ie: 566->621 ... not many people want to/nor have the time to check ESET's website regularly for new version announcements, I don't and I'm just a personal user. What about business customers?

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.